đź’¬ OT đź§‘‍🍼 The new/new-ish dad thread

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
piles of books for my kid and flash cards. Most of the time she’s spotting things out of the windows though which is plenty of entertainment.

she's rear facing still and can't see out the windows too well from where she's at. if she gets a book she typically will yell at it for a while before throwing it... i need something to tide her over at like the 4ish hour mark on road trips. that's normally when she starts to lose her shit

• Haha
Reactions: Chester Copperpot

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
You know about his Harlem shake video, when he was Steezy Grossman right?
I’m aware. I’m also aware his current gig is paying him a fuck ton of money to misspell words, tell kids the wrong shit, be mean to actual kids and act like a creepy pedo.

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
We took our 6-7 week old on a 5.5 hour trip to northern Wisconsin. He did great on the way up aside from shitting his car seat and all over his legs about 2 hours in. After that clean up stop at an Arby’s in Stoughton, Wi he made it all the way to Minocqua 30 minutes from our destination before losing his shit. On the way home we weren’t so lucky. Had to stop 4 times to feed and console him and our 5.5 hour trip took almost 8 :rofl:. It just sucks because we can’t feed him in his car seat because then we can’t burp him, if he chokes your screwed, so we just had to stop and hang out in the grass at gas stations every time he flipped out.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
We took our 6-7 week old on a 5.5 hour trip to northern Wisconsin. He did great on the way up aside from shitting his car seat and all over his legs about 2 hours in. After that clean up stop at an Arby’s in Stoughton, Wi he made it all the way to Minocqua 30 minutes from our destination before losing his shit. On the way home we weren’t so lucky. Had to stop 4 times to feed and console him and our 5.5 hour trip took almost 8 :rofl:. It just sucks because we can’t feed him in his car seat because then we can’t burp him, if he chokes your screwed, so we just had to stop and hang out in the grass at gas stations every time he flipped out.

when mine was younger like that age it seemed to be easier but yeah now it's a fucking adventure

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Longest we've been with either kid is 1.5 hours. With kid#1 we were in the car every day (back and forth to daycare, back and forth from city to suburbs on the weekend) but kid#2 has been at home most of the 8 months she's been around so she sucks at riding in the car. Getting better, but she won't consistently sleep in the car yet.

• Sad
Reactions: Yaj Yak

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
He just had a weird clingy week where he wanted to be held all the time, and then we had to put him in a car seat for 5.5 hours and it was a bad mix. My parents want us to go back up with them tomorrow, but between him just getting out of that phase and needing to rely on my in laws to take care of our cats we’re just staying home this time.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
For my kids 1 year old birthday we drove back to Illinois 1000 miles each way :rofl:

left at bed time and didn’t have to stop till breakfast, it was awesome minus I was tired as fuck. On the way home she woke up screaming and wouldn’t calm down. Then played with the loudest most light up toy we had for like an hour and passed out again.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
For my kids 1 year old birthday we drove back to Illinois 1000 miles each way :rofl:

left at bed time and didn’t have to stop till breakfast, it was awesome minus I was tired as fuck. On the way home she woke up screaming and wouldn’t calm down. Then played with the loudest most light up toy we had for like an hour and passed out again.

so we're headed west here coming up and i can't make this make sense for us because it's 1300 one way which that extra three hundo on top of the thou adds up. i've done a thousand myself but that extra part would kinda suck because it's like do i get a hotel room at 7am somewhere? then what's the point :rofl:

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
so we're headed west here coming up and i can't make this make sense for us because it's 1300 one way which that extra three hundo on top of the thou adds up. i've done a thousand myself but that extra part would kinda suck because it's like do i get a hotel room at 7am somewhere? then what's the point :rofl:
Back then if it was dark she’d be asleep, we did the trip in November so nights were long too. I’ve never once gotten a hotel room on a drive so not sure. Seems like a huge pain with a kid. We’ve done long weekends and just use a pack and play at a hotel. Easy to set up

I can drive and drive and drive so was a non-issue for me :dunno: I almost exclusively drive that trip straight thru while the wife is passed out in the passenger seat and this goes back 15 years when we would go from Illinois to Colorado and back :rofl:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Back then if it was dark she’d be asleep, we did the trip in November so nights were long too. I’ve never once gotten a hotel room on a drive so not sure. Seems like a huge pain with a kid. We’ve done long weekends and just use a pack and play at a hotel. Easy to set up

I can drive and drive and drive so was a non-issue for me :dunno: I almost exclusively drive that trip straight thru while the wife is passed out in the passenger seat and this goes back 15 years when we would go from Illinois to Colorado and back :rofl:

hotel room is aight mid drive somewhere as long as you're packed for it then it's super easy and awesome because then you can chill out and let bababy chill out.

i drive and drive and drive i just think 1000 miles is likely my limit and i always exclusively drive

im thinking of doing 6 hours first day because i have to work then we're leaving, 9 hours the next day and 5 the final right now. i dunno. maybe shit will be different it changes so fast.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Roof top tent and a camp site?

giphy.gif

Thread Info