🧑‍🍼 The new/new-ish dad thread

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
I built a thing this weekend to keep kids outside now that's it's nice. Looking forward to seeing them again in the fall when I allow them inside lol

PXL_20210404_123245065.jpg

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
The wife had this little one knifed out of her late Monday night. What an adventure that was. Got to the hospital at 7pm Saturday for them to induce labor. Three different medications, a ballon and 52 hours later she was getting rushed off to the OR for a C-section, but mom and baby are doing good.

Zoey Ruth Rasmussen weighed in at 4lbs 15oz and was 19.5” long.

567B2858-5D0D-4EDB-89D9-C8D8DEE103FC.jpeg

2980D959-91DB-48B6-9A03-C6AB3468D752.jpeg

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
So we did this yesterday. 7 pounds 11oz and 20”. Wife and I came in the night before at 7pm to be induced because she was past her due date and not dilating. After hanging around and eating chips and mini muffins for a day my wife insisted I go get lunch. I wasn’t a block away from the hospital and she texts me that it’s time to start pushing. So I take my wrong order from Jersey Mike’s and haul ass back. 2 hours and 45 minutes of pushing and this little guy rolled out. He looked huge to us and the nurse but he’s only mid 30th percentile in his measurements. Not sure if he’s long limbed or what. I always said I would never watch the business end of the labor but it was kind of hard to look away :rofl:. Mom and baby doing good, he only really sleeps sound when being held so she sleeps between feedings and I sit here in this chair to rewrap him when he stirs so he doesn’t flip out :rofl:.

9794A2F9-DEDC-496C-BE53-3BA68C483214.jpeg

DC79654B-8405-4161-B06F-5F91E6119EE2.jpeg

7C0FE44E-C8F0-4649-9E4A-0C7EA6EC6348.jpeg

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Congratulations. My son came out at 21” and I still wonder how all of that fit in there, also explains why he came out almost 3 weeks early, not enough room in mommas belly.

Out of all the dads I know only 1 said “You better watch that baby come out, you’ll regret it if you don’t!” and he was right. My son came out “sunny side up” and I was the first person he saw. Even though I know a newborns visual acuity doesn’t focus until days/weeks after it was still a really powerful moment for me. I’m really glad I watched. Moments after he came out OH FUCK NO, I ain’t watching that stuff come out of there. BUT I did see the placenta which had a HUGE main tube that the doctor said she wanted to send out for examination because it was twice the size of the largest she’d ever seen. That little monster was getting ridiculous amounts of blood, oxygen and nutrients from my wife while he was in there and even though he was technically premature he developed at a faster rate because of it.

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Anyone have tips or a method to get my 3 year old to poop on the toilet? He’s got peeing in the toilet down to maybe 1 actual accident (because he waits so long) a week but as far as pooping he won’t do it and wants to go to his “poop spot” so he can play with his toys and watch TV while he goes. We now turn the TV off (if it’s on) and don’t allow him to play with anything while he poops. Tried bribing him with new dinosaurs = nope. Sitting in the bathroom with him giving him a pep talk results in nothing. Not letting him go to his spot and making him go in the bathroom just results in horrid constipation. We’ve tried just about everything and nothing is working.

I’m running out of ideas. Any help?

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
When did anyone's kids start verbalizing full "coherent" words? Owen is at the point where he's still "mumbling" baby talk but it's always in relation to something. Examples, he says "puppeh" and looks/points at the dogs. When he wants to be picked up he says "upup?". So on and so forth.

He also has associated words with things. When we ask him where his belly is, he pulls his shirt up and grabs/looks at it. Knows head, eyes, and mouth. He knows his nickname is "bubba" and name is Owen. We play "where's Owen?" and he hides behind a blankey or a wall and pops out giggling. You get the idea.

The "issue" is he's not verbalizing enough words, according to his doctor. He knows them, he just doesn't say them. This doc has been pretty "lowkey" about almost everything with Owen but says his "lack" of different words/ability to say them may start to concern him. Again, I'm not too worried as boys are slower than girls (his cousin is saying more words than him and she's a month younger) but you can clearly tell his cognitive ability improves 10-fold every week.

I guess I'm just curious. I think I was the same way where I was late to the party on EVERYTHING growing up except puberty.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I’m in the same boat. Mila is 18 months and basically only says kittie, dada, nana (for banana), ball, and tries to say goose at every bird. But does all the sign language for anything she “wants”. We have been working with her to use her words but she still doesn’t even say mama. I can clearly see the gears turning in her head and she knows what everything is as far as body parts, and if we ask her to pick up certain things and stuff. She even helps put stuff away in certain bins and stuff. Just no real vocalization. The doctor 6 months ago was all gung-ho about 5 words with meaning by 18 months, but on her visit the doctor backed off on that statement because of everything else Mila can do. She is convinced there will be a month or 2 before she turns 2 where the words are gonna start flying out of her mouth. I really hope so just for my wife’s sanity. All she wants to hear is Mama LOL.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
That’s what I’m hoping. My issue (that I left out) is the doctor recommended speech therapy if it continues. Bruh. He’s a fuckin toddler and has surpassed every other milestone. Let him figure it out.
Happy to take this offline if you'd like but coming from a family w/ an early childhood major, even Ellie was in speech because she was doing the same thing. About 8 months of weekly speech (Over Zoom, thanks COVID!) and now she won't shut up :rofl: Getting early development help has such an unnecessary negative stigma behind it - get it taken care of early before it actually becomes a much harder problem to solve.

EDIT: I'll also throw in that Ellie was ahead of every milestone - except speech. After the 8 months, she was not only hitting that milestone but she tested 6mo above - so she had the vocabulary of 3+ at 2.5y/o.

Thread Info