The new DD.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
I'm an idiot... 115 lbs/DAMN INCH!

Didn't realize you were so mechanically inclined Angus. 115 ft/lb does seem excessive seeing as the 3800 LIM is only 11 ft/lb and the blower is something like 17 ft/lb.

I learned that one the hard way. But I drilled out the bolt piece that was stuck in the head and reversed it out. I should be able to put the car back together today or tomorrow.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Update:
Tore apart the UIM and put the new gasket in, put everything back together. Drained the chocolate milk-looking oil and put fresh stuff in. new plugs and filter in.
Got the car running, runs great but found out the the charging system isn't charging... alt took a dump. gotta get a new one but when we were checking the alternator, found the injectors weren't seating well and the o-rings were crumbling to pieces. Gas was being sprayed everywhere. This was after driving it around the block a couple days before w/o leaking...

Took off the alt, took apart the intake plenum (again) to get to the fuel rail and installed all new o-rings and seated them properly... no leaks.
now im just waiting to get a new alternator and order all 4 new rotors and pads.

total bill so far is: $467 in parts. 233% or my original purchase price. lol

Theautoguy

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2007
Machesney Park, IL
Great find. You should paint it to match James' car and use it in a "bate & switch" racing scheme!

Be on guard for more little things to pop up. I bought a 2000 GPGT earlier this year for $200 that ran great, drove and looked good; it needed a rack and PS pump. By the time I sold it I replaced the rack & pump but also had to replace the LIM gaskets, all the brakes, battery and transmission. When it was all said and done, I had about $1500 and a stupid amount of time and labor wrapped up in the car but it looked, ran and drove great after that...then I sold it.

Thread Info