New Feature The (new) Chatbox is back, baby!

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Found a shoutbox near identical to what we used to have on TCG. It can ONLY be found on the homepage and What's New page, not gonna fuck with anything else. It can be collapsed by default (top right of the box), so you can ignore it if you ever want to.

This is no frills...no image upload box, etc. The box WILL accept auto embedding of media, just like the site does. AND does respect BB Codes (IMG) for example.

Any questions, holler. Enjoy.

Update: Should you want to disable the Shoutbox completely, just go to your user preferences (click your avatar top right of site) -

1588776468539.png

Reactions: Mr_Roboto

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
It should stay closed. The only time it wont is if you jump to various browsers, as that is cookie based. Close it on all the ways you visit the site, and it'll stay closed. If its not, you've got an issue with yo cookies.

Its closed on my phone, my laptop and my desktop :dunno:

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Yeah.

Also remember it is browser & device based. So if you use desktop and mobile, Firefox and chrome, you have to close it 4 times total to keep it that way across devices. Also if you reset cookies or use incognito mode it forgets your settings.

It is NOT a universal setting across all browsers and devices after doing it once like the "ignore thread" feature.

Thread Info