The never ending bullshit from NRA

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
So, I first decided to join probably only about 3 years ago. I had figured maybe I should go against my will and start contributing to this organization that protects our freedoms. I had doubts for many years due to their lack of advertising and not really getting the word out, but figured maybe it's what I don't see that matters.

Well early in I just got bombarded with non stop emails and actual mail AND phonecalls. So maybe 1.5 years in I un subscribed to all emails, including all the affiliates that they share your info with.

Fast forward to all the pre election bullshit, where I actually did toss them a few extra bones to get a knife or two. Well, pre election we were "IN THE FIGHT OF OUR LIVES FOR OUR FREEDOMS". Well I figured they would maybe cool off for a little while since things went 'our' way with the election. Boy was I wrong. I got my first packet from them today and fuck, what a joke....

We are still in fact "IN THE FIGHT OF OUR LIVES FOR OUR FREEDOMS MORE THAN EVER". Claiming that we had stirred the pot more than ever and that we had to fight fight fight...

Really? Anybody else get absolutely harassed from this shit?

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
NAGR does the same thing. I can't tell you how many times I've unsubscribed from fucking Dudley Brown after contributing a couple years ago as well.

OP
DEEZUZ

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Had to Google that one....

Im glad I only signed up for 5 years, highly doubt Im reinstating after this shit.

LikeABauce302

5.0 ftw
Reaction score
This is why I haven't signed up for the NRA and I won't. I'd rather do my part of writing to our representatives and also cast educated votes for officials who will protect our rights.

OP
DEEZUZ

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Problem is, even after I let my shit expire, I'm sure I'll still get junk mail

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
it would be nice if there was a bug me never again or e-mail me once a year kind of option for half the crap you give money to. i don't want to give some organization $25 and then have them spend $15 on paper and stamps and $30 on phone calls asking me for more money.

OP
DEEZUZ

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Exactly. I mean they more than recoup the costs of that with savings on the cheap Chinese bags, hats, and knives.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
my wife still gets letters it's been 6 years since the last time she was a member, for 20 bucks a year or whatever ill block the emails and calls if it benefits gun owners, I feel like it does but who knows

OP
DEEZUZ

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Like everything with time, it just becomes a cash cow

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
NRA want to ensure the money keeps rolling in. Folks no longer feel their rights are in jeopardy under Trump then they are not going to donate to the cause.

A Bear has gotta eat.

IZZy

Powered by ES
Reaction score
Signed up for a year and kept getting tons of junk mail, decided I didnt want all the junk mail so I never re-newed.

Still get junk mail.

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Problem is, even after I let my shit expire, I'm sure I'll still get junk mail
I need to renew mine and I just got some packet reminding me to enroll in some insurance benefits. The non stop mail, emails and calls are a bit much, but who else is really fighting for 2A right in Washington?

My absolute favorite was pre election when I got a call on their behalf from some super annoyed sounding black lady telemarketer bashing the shit out of HRC and asking me to vote for Donald Trump.

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
I've always disliked the NRA, and I'm a gun owner and strongly believe in gun rights.

They blame friggen video games for violence! What hypocritical BS is that!

OP
DEEZUZ

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Fuuck

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
The NRA gets most of their funding from their members, so of course they're going to be somewhat aggressive.

I had the same problem getting shitloads of mail from them, but all I had to do was call and ask them to stop sending it. Magically, it all stopped with the exception of my renewal notices.

Don't let their mailings discourage you from being a member. The NRA needs as many members as it can get. If it wasn't for them, we wouldn't have concealed carry in IL, among many other things. They do a LOT to help protect the 2nd amendment and played a big role in helping to keep Hillary out of the White House.

Give them a call and tell them to back-off with the mailings.

Bub

Pitter Patter
Donating Member
Reaction score
they call the house phone every night at 8:15 I use it as a reminder to get the kid ready for bed

OP
DEEZUZ

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
I see they are re using the envelope design from the 'win all the guns hillary wants to ban' campaign for a new sweepstakes... :rofl:

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
They sound cool. Why waste time sending mailers and calling current members? Shouldn't they be out advertising to the world that's not a part of them?

I'll never understand mailers. Goes right to the trash pile, what a waste of paper and time

OP
DEEZUZ

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
They sound cool. Why waste time sending mailers and calling current members? Shouldn't they be out advertising to the world that's not a part of them?
this.. thats why I hesitated at first. I changed my mind when they had their super bowl commercial a few years back. at that point I was like amazed they reached out that far... havent seen a commercial since.

blck10th

Reaction score
I'm a member. Never once gotten a phone call. I don't see to many things in the mail. Maybe once a month or two.

Don't know what you guys did that I didn't do.

OP
DEEZUZ

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
have 2 more letters today.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm a member and they called a few times to see if I wanted to donate more money "against the fight of our 2nd amendment rights," or "against Hillary."

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Donating Member
Reaction score
I've been getting a lot of recent phone calls from them lately. This is despite me "blocking" their number. Seems like a new number would pop up and a voicemail will come.

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Reaction score
I've always disliked the NRA, and I'm a gun owner and strongly believe in gun rights.

They blame friggen video games for violence! What hypocritical BS is that!
I have to agree to a certain extent. Some kids play so much that they believe what they see as real life. Pretty sad but absentee parents leave them to be raised by fast food and video games. I felt the same way until I saw some real life examples of fucked up kids doing what they saw in a video game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom