• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

The neglected maintenance thread

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
This is where we are at as of today.

SUPER DUTY

Cab bolted down with 4/6 bolts, cab sways on tigh turns. New $400 silicone bushings been sitting on the shelf for 2 months.

Getting water in the cab somewhere up front by winder shield.

1 reverse light cut into bumper not even wired up.

Reverse camera ground is ziptied to a rusty bolt

No tint yet

Few thousand since I rebuilt trans. Haven't even checked the fluid level or changed filter.

Have to take valve body down and drill bigger hole in plate cause 2nd and 3rd shift break your fucking neck.

No bed liner yet.

Rear wheel wells are still just tucked in, not even screwed in.

Don't even have badges on the fenders.

Dozen more to come.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
IROC

needs new header back exhaust cause trans mount and torque arm I bought won't fit. All gotta be kustom.

No hvac
No wipers
No headliner

Needs wheels bad

Trans is getting krunchy. I will tear it down when season is over

Zero subframe connectors yet.

26 mpg and least and doesn't leak a drop of anything. Lmao

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
That last part about not leaking anything has to count for something.....

20220726_130335.jpg

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I just realized I'm at 14.5k on the GTI and I haven't cracked open the stock airbox to check on the filter since I bought it. I should probably do something about that.
It's probably fine. Don't waste money on a new air filter... I have one for you :bigthumb:and Mook Mook has the other shit you need for it.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
IROC

needs new header back exhaust cause trans mount and torque arm I bought won't fit. All gotta be kustom.

No hvac
No wipers
No headliner

Needs wheels bad

Trans is getting krunchy. I will tear it down when season is over

Zero subframe connectors yet.

26 mpg and least and doesn't leak a drop of anything. Lmao
No oil leaks is a great feeling. My blazer’s issue list is just as long as yours but doesn’t leak shit.

Reactions: DEEZUZ

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
Passat - my daily - 300 miles over on oil change and tire rotatio.
Also throwing a weird intermittent error for a front marker light being out...it goes away when the light turns on and works.
Also needs a detail badly, it's filthy from gravel travel due to Scout work.
A6 - about due for an oil change and tire rotation.
LBZ - needs vane position sensor replaced. I may do this today before I go get the Scout.
C10 - needs trans stuck back in, exhaust finished and fresh gas then I can finish tuning it and of the market hols get it sold this coming spring.
Scout - needs exhaust, carpet, tuning and this winter finish the rust repair at the rear of the cargo floor.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Passat - my daily - 300 miles over on oil change and tire rotatio.
Also throwing a weird intermittent error for a front marker light being out...it goes away when the light turns on and works.
Also needs a detail badly, it's filthy from gravel travel due to Scout work.
A6 - about due for an oil change and tire rotation.
LBZ - needs vane position sensor replaced. I may do this today before I go get the Scout.
C10 - needs trans stuck back in, exhaust finished and fresh gas then I can finish tuning it and of the market hols get it sold this coming spring.
Scout - needs exhaust, carpet, tuning and this winter finish the rust repair at the rear of the cargo floor.
So what are you going to do after you knock all this out before lunch?

• Haha
Reactions: Jon01

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
So the left rear wheel on the Tahoe has been getting full of brake dust real quick like the pads are dragging. This has been happening for over a year. Finally decided that today was the day to take a look at it. Ended up replacing the caliper and brake hose. The caliper wasn’t seized but the bleeding screw stripped out so fuck it.
Any way the pads had around 15k on then and the left side is pretty low on material because it was always dragging but fuck it. Left them on and will use until it’s metal on metal.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info