• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

The neglected maintenance thread

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Super duty is currently low anywhere from 6-8 quarts :rofl:

I just changed out my high pressure oil pump @ 210k. It was still putting out perfect pressure, but was externally leaking. producing a quart or 2 of oil every other week in the valley and down the trans, reaching the rear end. I should have just resealed it, but for $340 I tossed in a reman'd unit. after 2 days my valley is dry so I checked my oil and nothing on the dipper...

Also swapped out 02 sensor #1 today in GTP. for about 25k miles if you restarted the car while hot, you would have no throttle and suddenly car would take off. Well last week it started to romp and fluctuate RPMs by about 800. 198k on that. Did a 50 mile trip today and back to 26 mpg average

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I'll consider it neglected cause last time I rebuilt this I forgot to put a lube ring in, didn't want to pull it apart.. also all that water I was driving through didn't help.

For about a month now anytime I hit a bump something would click into place and whine/chatter until I hit another bump. I knew some what what it was. Cooked inner shaft seal.

BabXL1H.jpg

5Wr1LWr.jpg

This is like the 5th time I've had this hub off lmao. 220k I should just change the entire unit but fuck it's still solid...

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
After 5 years of ownership, last weekend I found out my 2012 Boss 302 has a cabin air filter. The ac smelled a bit funky last weekend when I turned it on. I'll change the filter this weekend now that I know it has one lol.

Shit I just found out my boss302 has adjustable struts and shocks. And I ordered this car new and sold them. I need to adjust them asap

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info