• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

The neglected maintenance thread

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
On the new truck... but not my fault, I've only put about 200 miles on it

XaiVgzf.jpg

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Oh jeez, we've been a little strapped for cash the last few months so my car is trying to plug away. Luckily 99% of the stuff I'm neglecting is all little BS things that aren't a negative impact on safety.

-Odometer/DIC hasn't worked in who knows how long...have the resistors to fix, lazy.
-Passenger side window motor took a shit a few weeks ago...have shit jammed in the door frame to keep the window up...lazy
-serpentine belt...isn't bad, just is getting old and I've had a replacement for it for at least a year :rofl:
-s/c coupler...that and the fluid hasn't been changed in 4 years. I've had a ZZP one/GM fluid in my possession for a couple years now.
-misc trim that is deciding to crack and break, CD drive in the radio freaks out on occasion, and sometimes the key doesn't come outta the ignition until I can get the shifter to click.

Actual bad things:
-needs struts like a year ago.
-Front rotors are just beginning to warp after 2+ years of awesome life. Need to do that before winter hits.
-needs front sway bar bushings and driver's side LCA.

Good stuff. Still need all of this :angrys00ls:

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
my GF's car... 1998 Honda Civic, Odometer has 237K but has said that for a few years now because the spedo doesn't work either.. lol. Oil changes?? bahh.. the blown head gasket slowly slowly fills the cooling system with oil so we just drain the oil out of the coolant tank and top it off with used oil from the Mustang and Camaro. I change the oil filter once every 6 months. Oil has never been changed since she bought it. we literally never fix anything on it if it costs money. Honestly I don't know how the car keeps going.

A

Anonymous

my GF's car... 1998 Honda Civic, Odometer has 237K but has said that for a few years now because the spedo doesn't work either.. lol. Oil changes?? bahh.. the blown head gasket slowly slowly fills the cooling system with oil so we just drain the oil out of the coolant tank and top it off with used oil from the Mustang and Camaro. I change the oil filter once every 6 months. Oil has never been changed since she bought it. we literally never fix anything on it if it costs money. Honestly I don't know how the car keeps going.

Because Honda.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI

and the day you change the oil it seizes up... keep that bitch going!:bowrofl:

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.

yeah there will be no oil changes.. just keep the fluids topped off and empty the coolant tank which looks like this most of the time... Actually if I didn't get a random box of oil filters for honda's at a garage sale last year for $5 I'd not even be changing filters on it.. lol.

:bowrofl: Drive it until it blows up!

Turtle

Addict
Mar 21, 2011
That's what happened when I changed the oil on a camry.

The car leaked oil at the rear main seal, about 2 qts a month. I made it a habit of adding a quart on the 1st and 15th. And did that for 2 years. One day I bought like clearance oil for $1/qt, I got 50qts. So with 50 I figured I'll do a nice oil change. Boom 2 week later the motor kicks the can.

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
BHOI4n6.jpg

This is my right rear tire

I chose not to rotate my yokohama s drive directionals on the fiesta . Still got 30k out of them . Fronts I'm still running . For whatever reason on the fiesta , it eats up rear tires. I don't know if it's from the - camber from the height I ride at , the lightweight back end , the no rotate , or a combination of all. Both sets of tires I have ran so far have literally eaten the rear tires twice as fast as the front .

The final month or two on this tire the belt shifted . I believe it's from driving on such low tread . Anyways , once it happened I got lots of road noise . And it quickly ate up the rest of the tire the last week . You can kind of see the belt shift . Actually the worst shift I've ever seen , it's hard to get a picture of the huge cupping and belt shift . I do not blame the tire though . Very good tire in my opinion .

It's weird how a tire can wear like it is . If you look on the left side you can see the huge wear marks on the edge of the tire . Yet a few inches above it you can still see one tread rib untouched.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info