The neglected maintenance thread

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
We all do it.... Forget oil change for a few thousand, never check air pressure, never get routine alignments.... Fucking list never ends... So post em up...

Here's my Amsoil dry air filter I haven't cleaned in probably 3 years.. Fuck man

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Looks like the cylinder inside my vacuum :rofl:

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
Been rolling one 35psi on the RR tire since I bought the Cruze. the rest are at 38

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Tires are a wear item, but I've only rotated these probably 4 times in the 60k I've been running them and checked air less than 10 times.... Also this thing could've used an alignment

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Having my own garage, I find it hard not to perform the necessary regular maintenance that my cars require.

LikeABauce302

5.0 ftw
Reaction score
I just realized the Boss is probably overdue for a fuel filter. It's been 17k miles. It's also time for an oil change. It's been to an AutoX, 2 dragstrip test n tunes, a road trip to the tail of the dragon, and driven to work a few times since the last oil change. It's been about 4,000 miles, but driven relatively hard for most of them.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
I dont really change the oil in the Honda. I just add to it when it stops hitting vtec. I never put the summer tires back on. I wash it once a year....its probably due for a new fuel filter and air filter but I HAVE changed the plugs / wires within a yearish.

What else...it needs brakes.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
I change oil and brakes, parts as they break. Dgaf about any scheduled maintenance.

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
People do maintenance to Hondas and Toyotas? News to me, I thought they just ran....

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
My wideband needs to be fixed/calibrated...been reading 0/20.2 for a few months

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
The amp stopped working like.......last winter? :rofl: Finally swapped in the amp [MENTION=1909]utryd2[/MENTION] gave me awhile back. And the only reason that happened was b/c I had it in the car when I was at [MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION]s and we were drinking and I wanted to be productive.

VenomousDSG

Smells own farts
Reaction score
Should take a picture of the tires on my Pathfinder... One is literally bald, and the others are dry rotted. I'm skating on thin ice. Will bite the bullet in a week or two and get new ones. I usually go by the "if it aint broke, dont fix it" motto though.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
ive been hitting the wear bar on the front breaks for a little bit now.

ill get to it some day. the car still stops as it did before.

just turn the radio up till i can hear it squeek.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Too bad TCG uploads is down. Had a picture of the TA's MAF from a few years ago that looked like a rat's nest.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Right before we left on tour I cleaned out in front of IROCs radiator... Halfway jammed with leaves

ragingclue

Donating Member
Reaction score
I just realized the Boss is probably overdue for a fuel filter. It's been 17k miles. It's also time for an oil change. It's been to an AutoX, 2 dragstrip test n tunes, a road trip to the tail of the dragon, and driven to work a few times since the last oil change. It's been about 4,000 miles, but driven relatively hard for most of them.
I thought the BOSS had the lifetime in-tank filter like us lowly Coyote guys... not that I wouldn't feel better if it was changed often like the old ones...

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
T/A needs all kinds of maintenance work. Oil change, it leaks like a sieve. Needs a new radiator cap, rear speakers, pass side window needs an alignment, drivers need a motor and I have to get the hood repaired and painted.

The Escape gets regular oil changes and I just changes the sway bar end links.

Paint maintenance is what gets neglects most by me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom