TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
What are y'all using for GPS? My model does not come with the navigation option and yeah...
Quad lock mount on the bars and use phone. Used that set up on the past few bikes until I got the Glide. Even with navi built in my bike, I still use my phone for google maps, as the HD navigation sucks.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Need a little Heritage time

20220703_113502.jpg

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
$1500 rebate for electric motorcycles from July 1 to Sep 30.
Are there any "cheap" new or used electric Mopeds/Scooters/Motorcycles for say, under $5k that can be bought to take advantage of the new $1500 Illinois rebate for electric motorcycles? Seems it needs to bought from an IL dealer licensed by the Sec of State (out of state dealers excluded), and be registered. Off road vehicles excluded also :( . Might be fun to get something cheap to ride around the neighborhood and locally, and also get the wife more interested in riding something on 2 wheels.

FAQ: https://www2.illinois.gov/epa/topics/ceja/Documents/EV Rebate Program FAQ.pdf

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
$1500 rebate for electric motorcycles from July 1 to Sep 30.
Are there any "cheap" new or used electric Mopeds/Scooters/Motorcycles for say, under $5k that can be bought to take advantage of the new $1500 Illinois rebate for electric motorcycles? Seems it needs to bought from an IL dealer licensed by the Sec of State (out of state dealers excluded), and be registered. Off road vehicles excluded also :( . Might be fun to get something cheap to ride around the neighborhood and locally, and also get the wife more interested in riding something on 2 wheels.

FAQ: https://www2.illinois.gov/epa/topics/ceja/Documents/EV Rebate Program FAQ.pdf
Seems like it has to be a +45mph cycle to qualify, so even the cheaper electric mopeds/scooters are likely not included.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Road out to Elburn today with a friend and his "new to him" 2007 HD Screaming Eagle something something... :)

He needs new tires badly (really old and hard), and isn't likely to take them off the bike himself to have it done. Any recommendations in the Bartlett and surrounding areas that does full service tire installs?

john hz hd2.jpg
john hz hd1.jpg

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Road out to Elburn today with a friend and his "new to him" 2007 HD Screaming Eagle something something... :)

He needs new tires badly (really old and hard), and isn't likely to take them off the bike himself to have it done. Any recommendations in the Bartlett and surrounding areas that does full service tire installs?

View attachment 126305View attachment 126306
Fornarelli Motorsports in Elgin is super close by, does great work, and the prices are very reasonable

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Quad lock mount on the bars and use phone. Used that set up on the past few bikes until I got the Glide. Even with navi built in my bike, I still use my phone for google maps, as the HD navigation sucks.
I run a quad lock as well, I have them on my boats too, been tested to 160 mph on the bike no issues

Reactions: Aron

Thread Info