🏍️ The Motorcycle Thread

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Found an old pic of me on my Gxxr, 1986 I think.
View attachment 121046

Sexy Cat GIF by Team Coco

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Dealer prepping my new ride currently, just a little trail bike

View attachment 121333
I have to laugh at the "Speed and Strength" banner. The last few tracks days I've done the riders wearing that gear always seemed to be the slowest and most inconsistent. They'd take their liter bikes and go hammering the throttle down the straights, then literally stand the bike up and parade it through the corners.

At RA I lost count of the number of them I passed on the outside of the carousel, or on the inside of T2 or T5, and T12 :LOL:

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Lately I’ve been trying to make sure I used the whole tire since I paid for all of it, still got a little more to go

View attachment 121341
For the street, that is respectable.

I can't get my last 0.25 - 0.50" of chicken strips off of my rear tire. It's a 190mm and the bike should have a 180mm. Because of that the feelers on my factory pegs touch the ground (at max lean angle) well before I run out of tire. With a 180 when my feelers hit the ground I know "that's just about far enough", and I'll have about 0.125" left before going too far. It was just the right setup. Only reason I have a 190 is because I cooked my 180 at the track, and the tire supplier that was there only had 190's left, but they gave it to me for the price of the 180.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
For the street, that is respectable.

I can't get my last 0.25 - 0.50" of chicken strips off of my rear tire. It's a 190mm and the bike should have a 180mm. Because of that the feelers on my factory pegs touch the ground (at max lean angle) well before I run out of tire. With a 180 when my feelers hit the ground I know "that's just about far enough", and I'll have about 0.125" left before going too far. It was just the right setup. Only reason I have a 190 is because I cooked my 180 at the track, and the tire supplier that was there only had 190's left, but they gave it to me for the price of the 180.
I'm also in the 1/4 to 1/2" of no worn areas on my new rear tire. I just don't have the experience and confidence to lean it over much more, even though I'm sure it'll take it. Oh well, I'm not setting hot lap times on my rides around the streets. :)

Reactions: Spivitz

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
  • Wow
Reactions: Spivitz and BS ISF

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
I’ve browsed their site while shopping, but can’t recall ever ordering from them:

Weird, I think I've ordered from them once before but definitely received the item.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Looks like it all went to shit earlier this year:

"If you know where to search online, you’ll learn that BikeBandit quietly filed for bankruptcy in February 2022. But there’s no indication of that on the retailer’s website, where up until the middle of April 2022, you could fill a shopping cart, enter your payment info, and send your money to a defunct company that had no way to fulfill your order. Recently, one thing has changed: If you try to place an order today, you’ll be told the item is “on backorder.” But aside from that, the site is still running, even though the company is not."

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Not really. Well not enough that I really get bothered by it. I hear the Klockwerks windshield are the solution to all that. I may get one if I plan on doing super long ride. But yeah overall, I really don't get too bothered. Also I'm only 5/8-5/9 so I'm short.
It's different for everybody. Helmet vs no helmet, short vs tall. There's no one solution that works for everybody.

Thread Info