🏍️ The Motorcycle Thread

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
You know what really sucked? Picking that bitch up myself while half on the dolly and half off.
I'm a skinny fuck and had to pick up my tipped over Vulcan 1500, which is about 660-670lbs. Even though it was resting on the engine guards I had a heck of a time lifting it. I couldn't imagine having to pick yours up, with the added difficulty of the dolly.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Years ago, like 2006 I met my Father, Brothers at the bar.
I was all happy, forgot to put the kick stand down on the Heritage.

Fortunately with my crash bars it did not go over but Ya, like you said Heavy fucker and your bike is even heavier
Former friend of mine used to have a Ducati 748, which came with an auto flip-up kickstand. He also used a disc lock. Well, he was so busy primping himself due to his vanity that he forgot about that disc lock. Downtown Naperville on Washington ave, about 500 miles on the odometer, he goes to pull away and I'm yelling at him about his lock. But looking cool was more important so he wasn't paying attention. Made it about 16" before the lock came around and caught the fork leg. He couldn't get his feet off the pegs fast enough, cause keeping your legs down for the first 20-30' to be safe wouldn't be cool. In front of about 30 people it tipped over and the tank nailed the curb.

I think he's still crying over that one, and it happened over 20 years ago.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Not crazy about the parallel twin, but nice looking cafe style bike:

1647909230499.png

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
There is plenty of rubber left on that. You just need to learn to lean it more than 5° either direction :ROFLMAO:

Lot of blind corners, gravel on the roads down here. Too many times I've had the crash bars on the Heritage scraping (it don't take much) and a truck, trailer etc is stopped shortly after the corner ( cutting grass, or doin road maintenance)

In addition to that Farm equipment is on the roads almost every day. Thus I'm concerned about ripping around corners, dragging the floor boards etc.

I've had to lock em up a couple times, also almost lost it hitting a corner leaning far on gravel.

I'd love to hit a track and work on my cornering technique for sure but not on these public roads.

Thus I generally corner at the speed limit ?

I'm a straight line ripper ?

Reactions: Blood on Blood

Spivitz

TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
You went through a rear tire already? ?
Almost 6,000 miles on.

These Fat Boy's come with michelin scorcher's, sticky almost track tire.

A lot of people complain about them burning up around 5,500 miles

My wrench suggested I run Metzler, thus I ordered a set yesterday. He said they "should" last 20,000.

I hope... Hahaha

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
How does the front tire look in comparison to the rear?

On my torquey ZX-9R and the ZX10-R I'd go through rears 3x as often as the fronts due to the tire having to work so hard to put the power to the ground. The harder you twist on the the throttle the faster that rear wears down.

Spivitz

TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
How does the front tire look in comparison to the rear?

On my torquey ZX-9R and the ZX10-R I'd go through rears 3x as often as the fronts due to the tire having to work so hard to put the power to the ground. The harder you twist on the the throttle the faster that rear wears down.

Not as bad but not really good... Hahaha
Cracks me up, front tire is wider than the rear on the Heritage.
Of course the rear Heritage tire is smoked.

I suck

20220405_150803.jpg

20220405_150547.jpg

Thread Info