🏍️ The Motorcycle Thread

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
I'm putting on my new tires that I had mounted at Cycle Gear this week. I have never removed wheels on a motorcycle before, so it's a good learning experience with taking out the bearings and axles, removing the chain, and cleaning/greasing stuff up. I can't imagine doing this on the side of the road with limited tools in an emergency, though :ROFLMAO:

I went with Dunlop Mutant tires, mostly a 90/10 road/dirt tire. Should be a near perfect tire for the type of riding I do on my Svartpilen.

mutant-hero.png

Full review: https://cdn.returnofthecaferacers.com/parts-motorcycle-cafe-racer/dunlop-mutant-tyres/

Also in use on a BMW GP S1000RR on a track day, taking to limits I'll never see on my bike:
For those who like to push limits and want to hear the opinion of a more aggressive rider, check out the video below by BMW Master Technician, Motorcycle Racer and Youtuber Smiffy 775. He fit a set of Mutants to his BMW GP S1000RR and tackled the Cadwell Park Circuit in the UK. Here are his thoughts on how the Dunlop Mutant performed…

“These tyres have never been used on track before and certainly not on a 200bhp Superbike. Designed for the road I decided to give them a try to see if they were suitable as an Intermediate race tyre, I have to say I was mega impressed with them, I wouldn`t go as far as to say they would be ideal as a race tyre but overall a fantastic tyre.

I pretty much did the whole day on them on a damp to drying track and the grip and feel they gave was way better than I was expecting with great longevity. Certainly a superb road/track day tyre. I also have a pair fitted to my BMW R1250GSA for the road and have found them far superior to the previous tyres fitted. All in all very impressed!
“ – Smiffy 775

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
So I've finally decided to go with a new Street Glide or Road Glide. I almost pulled the trigger about two weeks ago on a left over 2021 Street Glide. I'm heading back to the dealer next week or the follow week, work depending, to go through with the buy. Then this came around.
H-D did their reveal of the new 2022 lineup and the Lowrider ST is a killer looking bike. It now has me rethinking my whole purchase plan of a new bagger.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
Lowrider ST doesn't do anything for me, but it's your purchase not mine.

I want to at least see it in person but I'll most likely stick with my original plan. Coming from a Street Glide, I can't really see myself not having another full size bagger. LR ST is a cool looking bike but might be too small since I do alot of two up riding and distance.

Reactions: Aron

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I should make a trip around the block today it’s almost 50
If the roads *weren't covered in salt, and the city already spreading the beet juice I'd be very tempted to do the same. Instead I'll wait till the whopping 2" of snow hits us and will flog the ATV on city roads with NFG to the police and traffic laws.

*edited

Reactions: Spivitz

Thread Info