🏍️ The Motorcycle Thread

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
The only real options that interest me, if i had to go new, would be the Suzuki 90 series, so the C90 (variants) or the M90, which are in the $11.5k - $13.5k range. If I didn't have to consider a passenger I'd get the M109.

1997 bought my XL1200S brand new

300 miles on it was leaking oil bad (Motor Company ended up replacing the motor, warranty, zero cost to Me)

Before they did I was pissed, rode it to DGY, 300 miles on wanted to trade in for a new
VMAX.
I would had lost my ass on the Sporty thus kept it.

I guess my point is I would rather had gotten a new Max
However, chances are I would had racked myself on that road rocket.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Yeah the old V-Max was good in a straight line, not so much when the road started to turn. Friend of mine had one when I had my Bandit 1200S. He'd get me out of the hole because he could use more throttle down low, where I would start to power wheelie (I was like 140lbs wet) After about 60mph it was even, and by 90-100 I'd have a few lengths on him and he'd just watch me walk away. I also wasn't afraid to top the Bandit out since it was stable, not so much with V-Max. We were about the same on power (when mine was stock), but he had a good 20-30 ft lbs of torque on me.

Then I got a ZX-10R.... Not tuned for low end power like the Bandit, so I could get on it harder using more clutch slippage. It wasn't even a contest at that point. Even with top gear roll-ons at like 60 or 70 and I'd walk on him. The difference in the weight of the bike being a huge factor, as the V was over 600lbs wet and the ZX-10R was about 400lbs. Plus you're comparing a superbike to a standard, so not really fair. After a good 8, 10, or 12 hours of tooling around I can tell you who was hurting less, and it sure wasn't me, ?

Reactions: Spivitz

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Not surprised. They discontinued their entry level models, a majority of their customer base is dying off, and their foray into electric bikes cost more than their most expensive ICE model.

The younger generations don't want to be associated with name and stigma that it carries due to the stereotypical harley rider, and they can't afford the "next generation" bike.

Reactions: Dan00Hawk

Spivitz

TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Not surprised. They discontinued their entry level models, a majority of their customer base is dying off, and their foray into electric bikes cost more than their most expensive ICE model.

The younger generations don't want to be associated with name and stigma that it carries due to the stereotypical harley rider, and they can't afford the "next generation" bike.

Yup, that about covers it ?

?

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
New 'busa trailer:

Spivitz

TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Lunch time run, ripping

20210208_122703.jpg

Spivitz

TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Never been started, wtf
:rofl:

• Wow
Reactions: BS ISF and 1MEANGT

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
Never been started, wtf
:rofl:

They have a zero miles R7 too. Sweet jesus

Reactions: Spivitz

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
that’s awesome
I typically don't like these three wheeled things like those Polaris abominations, but now that I have kids, this seems like a nice middle ground. Might not be much safer than a motorcycle, but maybe just a little?! haha

They have heaters, heated seats, and stereos in em. Powered by a GM 1.5 turbo/6spd auto and they're about the price of a new HD Street Glide.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
I always thought the Vanderhalls were pretty cool looking, and I like the retro styling. Definitely more unique than your typical convertible.

I think if I was spending $30k on one (new price), though, I'd really have to weigh it against getting something like a new Miata.
If I bought one of these I'd try for a slightly used one. If they want to sell, it seems lower 20's is where they're at. Saw a grey 2017 on Marketplace for 17k with like 3k-5k miles a few weeks back.

Miata is probably a way better buy, but not nearly as flashy as one of these Vanderhalls.

Reactions: Dan00Hawk

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
If I bought one of these I'd try for a slightly used one. If they want to sell, it seems lower 20's is where they're at. Saw a grey 2017 on Marketplace for 17k with like 3k-5k miles a few weeks back.

Miata is probably a way better buy, but not nearly as flashy as one of these Vanderhalls.
The driving experience in a Vanderhall is certainly going to be different, and the attention factor from the public would likely be near that of driving an Italian exotic. I think it'd be fun to own and drive. (y)

Reactions: Jeffs FRC

Thread Info