TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Quick bath, soon headed to Bikes and Coffee

20200809_080706.jpg

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Looks good! I washed mine yesterday, then ended up on some gravel and dirt roads out west of Yorkville. Grrr....

Where and when is Bikes & Coffee?

Right here Bud

Reactions: Dan00Hawk

Shocker

ShockerRacing.com
Feb 21, 2008
Aurora, IL
Hey actually pulled the 9 out today!! Wife was taking stepson to the batting cages wanted to know if I wanted to meet up.... Figured why not I can take the bike. After the cages, they wanted to go for ice cream. Finishing ice cream, I get my rain alert on my phone.... Have about an half hour, and a half hour away from home. I was flying down 90, at one point it got cold so nice after umping a game today in the heat! That rain was coming get off at 1st and fly down to get back to River Grove without getting any rain. My wife made it home 10 minutes behind me, as she's in the garage it started pouring!!

Cliffs... Rode bike, ate ice-cream... Rode like a crazy person home... 2 wheels are awesome. No rain.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I did about 120 miles this morning to the Seneca area and back. The Svartpilen 401 isn't suited for high speeds or long trips, but it's been great for exploring, twisty roads, and shorter trips. Been averaging 65 to 72 mpg which has been nice when taking it to work once per week as well.

View attachment 64364

View attachment 64366

View attachment 64367
That's some damn good mileage. On a full tank what is the rated range? Also, define "high speeds". Like above highway speeds 70/80 mph? How long do you think you could go doing 60ish?

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
That's some damn good mileage. On a full tank what is the rated range? Also, define "high speeds". Like above highway speeds 70/80 mph? How long do you think you could go doing 60ish?
This thing has a ridiculously small 2.5 gallon tank, so I usually stop and put in about 1.5 gallons when the "low fuel" warning comes on. Most I've put in has been 1.9 gallons. I typically fill up after 100-120 miles of riding just due to range anxiety reasons. I'd be concerned about running out if I went beyond 150 miles, but it would do it.

Doing 60mph is fine and I could do that until the tank runs dry. Running up to around 70mph is my comfort limit as a novice rider. Speeds up to 80mph get very windy and a bit tense for me since it's a full naked and very upright seating. I'm not really comfortable at 80 on the highway, for example. I have to lean over the tank at those speeds, like when passing cars. Apparently it'll top out a bit over 100, but I don't expect to test that out soon as that's above my skill level right now. :)

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
This thing has a ridiculously small 2.5 gallon tank, so I usually stop and put in about 1.5 gallons when the "low fuel" warning comes on. Most I've put in has been 1.9 gallons. I typically fill up after 100-120 miles of riding just due to range anxiety reasons. I'd be concerned about running out if I went beyond 150 miles, but it would do it.

Doing 60mph is fine and I could do that until the tank runs dry. Running up to around 70mph is my comfort limit as a novice rider. Speeds up to 80mph get very windy and a bit tense for me since it's a full naked and very upright seating. I'm not really comfortable at 80 on the highway, for example. I have to lean over the tank at those speeds, like when passing cars. Apparently it'll top out a bit over 100, but I don't expect to test that out soon as that's above my skill level right now. :)
Sounds like the right parameters for country riding. I can get about 130-140 before I start sweating, then have 0.9 gal reserve.

Should plan a country ride (paved) for a day. I’d be up for doing 66 again, but start in Wilmington (avoid Joliet). Plenty to stop and see so won’t get tired/sore that easily. No highway either, so can cruise at 60 all day long and enjoy it. Can go further than Pontiac, it isn’t that far.

Take a look at the 66 scenic websites for tourist and scenic areas along the way.

i am still thinking that run to Potosi, WI for lunch. That’d be 160-170 miles each way. I’d have no issue making stops for stretching legs and keeping fuel topped off. My shoulder would appreciate it.

Reactions: Dan00Hawk

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Harley has some decent looking machinery, but really none of it interests me or the stigma that goes with it. I was liking some of the stuff Victory was putting out, and do like some of the design of the Indians. But by the time you get one with some options, holy shit they get pricey.

Was sad is the metric cruiser market. Used to be the big four (Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha) all had something between 500cc and 1500cc (or larger). Nowadays there is hardly any variety of engine sizes. I like my Vulcan Classic, but no way I'd drop to a 900cc, and the price jump to the Vaquero is ridiculous. Can't find a simple 1500-1800cc with the basics anymore.

A friend of mine has a 2006 Star Roadliner that he barely rides. If anything happens to my Vulcan he said I could buy his Star... and boy is it a sharp looking bike. Nice Art Deco design, which I really dig.

Thread Info