šŸļø The Motorcycle Thread

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
That's why it's called "fishing" and not "catching" :rofl:

Still sounds like a bunch of horseshit.

So how would they handle my ATV that is not street legal?

You can ride the little O, which allows ORVs. You can also ride on damn near any street in Baldwin. But when you cross into Lake County and/or hit the Big-O trail, you're fucked.

And they told us it's because you have to cross or transfer on some forest roads there...Which are literally washed out sand/dirt roads that nobody ever drives down.

Reactions: 1MEANGT

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
It sure does, and I thought the same thing. We will see what it looks like a bit later I guess.

Yeah I am pretty sure that's all it is. Every time I fill it I usually ride for a while before parking it. Today I went basically a block away so I am pretty sure I over did it. Its never leaked a drop before, and even though it looks like oil and coolant it smelled like gas. Still gonna ride it the hour or so back home at the end of the day :D

Update on this, it was gas. There was nothing on the ground in the new spot when I went to leave at the end of the day. No leaks in the garage since, and all fluids look fine. Lesson learned, don't fill it so high and then park it.

Reactions: Aron

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
D536FA0D-DD95-49C3-9DB4-8DC12275BA72.jpeg

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Who all is interested in riding this weekend? We're keeping an eye on the weather, and so far it's looking like we're going Sunday. If the weather changes and Saturday looks like the better day, we'll change it to then.

Trying to think of a meeting spot that's convenient for everybody in the Elgin/Bartlett area. Where you all coming from?

The plan is to meet up and take off at 11. We'll go up to Brat Stop in Kenosha for lunch. After that we'll head West and go into Lake Geneva. We'll probably find a local establishment to relax and socialize some more. Optional stop: Geneva Lake Brewing Co. Nice little nanobrewery that has good beer. Then we'll head back toward home down 47.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
That'll likely be a no for me. I plan to ride if weather is accommodating, but not really interested in taking some of southern wisconsin's busiest roads into congested areas, like Lake Geneva. I despise traffic when riding, so I look for roads no one takes and avoid towns except for when I need to tank up.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
That'll likely be a no for me. I plan to ride if weather is accommodating, but not really interested in taking some of southern wisconsin's busiest roads into congested areas, like Lake Geneva. I despise traffic when riding, so I look for roads no one takes and avoid towns except for when I need to tank up.
To each their own I guess. I prefer to prioritize having fun with friends (new or old) rather than worry about traffic, but hey, you do you.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
To each their own I guess. I prefer to prioritize having fun with friends (new or old) rather than worry about traffic, but hey, you do you.
Thatā€™s fine. Iā€™ve been riding long enough to know what I like. Sitting in stop and go out heavy traffic just isnā€™t high on that list anymore.

Pick a place like Shabbona Lake where everyone can ride and still stop for food and BS. itā€™s out of the way, plenty of riding, and backroads to avoid traffic. More time riding and less time sitting getting my nuts cooked, lol.

Donā€™t get me wrong, WI definitely wins on scenery. I just donā€™t have the patience anymore for congestion. So have a good ride.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Thatā€™s fine. Iā€™ve been riding long enough to know what I like. Sitting in stop and go out heavy traffic just isnā€™t high on that list anymore.

Pick a place like Shabbona Lake where everyone can ride and still stop for food and BS. itā€™s out of the way, plenty of riding, and backroads to avoid traffic. More time riding and less time sitting getting my nuts cooked, lol.

Donā€™t get me wrong, WI definitely wins on scenery. I just donā€™t have the patience anymore for congestion. So have a good ride.

Cmon Man, let's ride

?

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005

We ride this route a few times a year. There's minimal stop and go traffic or congestion. Zero interstate. It's really a decent ride.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
If yā€™all can plan for an all day ride should do something like Potosi Brewing. Itā€™s a solid 3 1/2 - 4 hour ride from the western burbs. But you get open road and a good place to eat/drink. Time permitting even do a river run. Figure a minimum 10 hour day though.

Potosi Brewery
209 S Main St, Potosi, WI 53820
(608) 763-4002

Reactions: Blood on Blood

Thread Info