🏍️ The Motorcycle Thread

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
I'd still consider an older vrod like the one I sent you last year. FXDR looks great but $21k for a 90hp bike with the most basic tech...c'mon

I like the VROD, almost picked up a Nightrod before I bought the Fat Bob. You really should take my Fat Bob for a spin sometime, I think you would like it. It moves out and handles pretty good for what it is. I like it way better, for me anyways, then the Scout Bobber we rode last summer.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I like the VROD, almost picked up a Nightrod before I bought the Fat Bob. You really should take my Fat Bob for a spin sometime, I think you would like it. It moves out and handles pretty good for what it is. I like it way better, for me anyways, then the Scout Bobber we rode last summer.
I believe it and might take you up on it. It's also double the price of a scout bobber, so I'd expect it to handle better and be more comfortable ;). Personally, near the $20k mark I'm looking at BMW and ducati, not harley

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
I believe it and might take you up on it. It's also double the price of a scout bobber, so I'd expect it to handle better and be more comfortable ;). Personally, near the $20k mark I'm looking at BMW and ducati, not harley

That's why you buy used my friend. I really had my eye on the X Diavel S, such a sick bike. But I already have 1 Italian bike, don't need to press my luck.....haha Plus there is something about a huge American V-Twin.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
Long story short, my uncle passed away at the end of last year. He has a older Sporty (883) that I had always wanted to buy off of him. He had not ridden it in year due to bad knees. It needs a some work to back into riding condition.
Well my aunt called me up last week and she is going to give me the bike. Not exactly how I wanted to get it.
I am going to build this bike up into a bobber style. I also will take the 883 and do the 1250 kit on it.
Once i get the bike in hand and start to get into it, I will plan on doing a build thread.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Anyone else see the BMW r18 release? $19k for a bobber with what has to be the most uncomfortable riding position in the history of motorcycles. Boxer engine was not a good choice for this thing

maxresdefault.jpg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I had a 04 1000RR, absolutely loved that bike. Always wanted a Repsol edition but never wanted to pay the extra 2k.
The Repsol editions had a nice look, but really if you wanted performance the 04-05 were the ones to skip. Honda didn't sort out that bike until 06, which finally woke it up. Had a great chassis but weak motor those first two years.

Reactions: Spivitz and 1MEANGT

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Rode the BMW in to work today. Hoping I don't run over any scattered transmission debris on my way home, lots of harleys out

On the way in I passed a guy on an old sportbike wearing gym pants, a thin long sleeved shirt, and no helmet. On the freeway. While it was 56* and the sun was barely up. I was cold even with jeans, a leather jacket, and a helmet with all the vents closed. Idk how this dude did it

Thread Info