Drag to reposition cover

BUILD The millenium 3800 turbobird

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
Thatd be about what I was thinkin I guess I shoulda specified crank hp (24)*10.3ish

What do you think about givin it a 100 shot on top of it or usin water meth with e85?

I've got that xpz cam that I got cheap I just gotta clean the one lobe up a lil bit and some pac 150s I was thinkin bout runnin on a new single chain in the other motor just to see what I can do with a spare parts build at some point or another too

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Reaction score
Do not use a single roller use an oem chain.

Dual roller or OEM chain make sure that you cannot see metallic gray/brownish bronze plastic flow lines in the tensioner shoe when you get a new one from Cloyes..... if it's a flat fairly uniform Grey then it's the good shoe.

The ones where you can see the metallic wood grain look to them and see the molding/injection flow lines clearly tend to split and fall off.

I haven't been given one of them breakers in a while but I wouldn't doubt there are still some of them on Parts shelves out there.

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
I'm mostly just tryin to avoid havin to go double roller but I guess if I already have that one out I may as well and look back to messin with the heads that you posted earlier. I may have a wrecked 5.3 truck acquired to stuff into the red one so ill either find a v8 k member or use my newfound liquid metal powers to make that happen but ill get to that when I get to it.

Got some decent jobs comin in this week and I'm startin to get a lil buzz around the track without bein there so I guess im done screwin around at this point and it's time to to live up to what I'm doin here

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
I can't tell if your joking or if it'll actually hold it but I'm guessin not for long? Idk I coulda pry pulled 6 or 8 degrees and been cool at 16 on my stock motor sooo maybe?

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
One awkward elbow to try and stuff in the already clustered area under the turbo since I decided to stuff my bov there but bigger maf looks right at home and I won't have to solder too long of wires in to get to it, might braid em together all cool for the hell of it. The rest seems to be lookin pretty good other than the 90s and is about as minimal as I could get it without raisin too much hell with the car. No way I'm gonna ever be the fastest with this setup. But I don't really care if it looks cool. And with one side tightened down it's already pretty solid so I may say screw it on my ghetto brackets for a while you can't see much of em anyway. Screenshot_20210503-010635_Gallery.jpg Snapchat-1111007611.jpg Snapchat-699046453.jpg

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
Halfassin that in my head would put it 5 to 550ish? That'd be a good time

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
I think I found a better option for the other 3.8 t5 combo and that cam anyway. Might have a blown up s10 blazer found cheap and thinkin it'd be fun a fun combo to lift up a bit and slap an m90 on. Woulda been sweet if gm did that to begin with and I'm startin to get bad ideas about pickin up shitboxes like these and flippin em to feed my ever-growing habit 😂

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
3800 S10 would be a fun time. You would have to use the S10 T5 though. The Camaro's shifter would come up under the bench seat or inside the center console. Lol. Plus the tilt would be wierd. With a simple M90 build, the S10 unit should hold up to it though.

Wait. You said lift. Is it a 4x4? If so, good luck getting the 3.8 to fit.

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
If nothin else get an adapter plate and run the 60e in it? If a 4.3 would fit why wouldn't a 3.8 I guess? I know the guys that put 350s in em had issues with the 4x4 ones but I think there's ways around it wether it was body lift or suspension or otherwise but I can't remember off the top of my head. I've had about 9 of em and look into it at one point and time but that was before I had any brains lol

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
If nothin else get an adapter plate and run the 60e in it? If a 4.3 would fit why wouldn't a 3.8 I guess? I know the guys that put 350s in em had issues with the 4x4 ones but I think there's ways around it wether it was body lift or suspension or otherwise but I can't remember off the top of my head. I've had about 9 of em and look into it at one point and time but that was before I had any brains lol
All the engines that came in the S10 had passenger side starters. The 3800 is an oddball for having a driver side starter which sits exactly where the front driveshaft goes in an S10. You can either machine the block to accept a passenger side starter of some sort, move engine/trans so high in the bay that you can't see over it, or do what the AWD Blazer guy did and mover the engine so far back into the firewall that you can't use the stock dash anymore. lol It sadly just doesn't work.

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
Ah ha. Makes sense now, I spose there's a reason nobody ever did anything too cool with em. Back to lookin at beat up half tons and Tahoes it is 😂

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Since you're lifting it you could try to space the whole front end down a few inches. That might give you the clearance you need. Not sure. I was hoping to build a hillbilly Syclone so I didn't look into lifts that would help the issue. lol

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
My first ride was an old s15 with a 5 speed. I wanted a syclone so bad back in the day... there's another one for the some day list. Wild how all this is actually doable now and I never thought I'd be able to do it before.

Also I kinda maybe ordered a cheap wet kit mostly for the bottle. I gotta look into keepin giggle gas on hand bein so close to the track and I've already got a couple guys that were bout buyin it here instead of havin to leave town...hopefully some of this shit starts makin money quick spendin it is startin to suck o_O

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
Damn this turned out pretty nice really. See if it actually draws through it like I think it will and my God was it a bitch to get past the downpipe but it's there in good faith at least and my maf is ready to go when I get to that point. Also that plug I an o2 I took the sawzall to and glued back shut so I think we're gonna keep doin this tig thing for a while.

Onto the next thing 20210503_174733.jpg 20210503_182239.jpg

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
Somedays it isn't even worth tryin...decided to try and boost test it and not only does my boot fit like a pile of shit somethins leakin by the evap are and maybe map sensor but I'm shovin the crankcase full of enough pressure with a cap on it to push oil up and out of my drain line and all over the floor. I guess at least I know that's not plugged and the days been consistent. There's the reason it ran like shit when I pulled it back in tho

20210504_225237.jpg

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
Oops.

Snapchat-1664071258.jpg

But now idk if I wanna put it on this or drop a 150 shot on my ltz now that it's not tuggin an extra 1500 lbs around 😂 the responsible adult in me says leave it on the shelf and sell it to somebody tho.

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
Today can kinda suck it too. Spent hours on the laptop sorting things out but I managed to do some stupid shit with the intake piece I wanna shove my iat into. And maybe my catch can if I decide I don't give a shit to chase the boost issue and I'll just let it eat oil. 20210506_202632.jpg
Subtle reminder I think should stay with this thing to look back on where it is right now after this all comes full circle down the road.

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
Well, I finally did somethin after a couple days.

20210509_221436.jpg Decided fuck it and tossed a tractor valve stem in that stub piece and rather than piss with the vacuum leak ill just let it suck its own shit off and see what happens for now to get it at least doin somethin but sittin here. Maybe. I'll probably end up tryin to figure out what the hells goin on with it cuz it bothers me and I know that's lost power somewhere or another. The iat here is a shitty idea as well I need to just go yank that vortec sensor out of the other one and tap this intake too.

Maybe I'll have more ambition tomorrow I got way too much shit I need to do and not enough me to make it happen at the moment

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Reaction score
Air leaks before the turbo are not vacuum leaks.

For a vacuum leak you need to have unmetered air entering the engine.... air that the maf sensor does not sense

A pre turbo air leak is only a FOD issue

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
Air leaks before the turbo are not vacuum leaks.

For a vacuum leak you need to have unmetered air entering the engine.... air that the maf sensor does not sense

A pre turbo air leak is only a FOD issue
I don't think i have a pre turbo air leak come on give me more credit than that lol.

I was more meaning towards running my can preturbo to suck whatever air is leakin into my crankcase when I boost test it. Essentially make it create its own vacuum ya know?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom