⚡ EV The McMurtry Speirling (Fan car from Goodwood 2022)

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
They are making a road legal version!?

Some of the numbers on this thing are nuts. 300miles+, less than 1000kg.

At a stand-still the fan motor can create 2000kg of downforce. If it weighs less than 1000kg, and can produce 2000kg of downforce, then that means this thing could literally PARK upside down.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Whoa! That looks like one of those old British Benny Hill shows where everything was sped up!
someone represent GIF

Reactions: Pro Stock John

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Here's the Top 10 Fastest cars for the 2022 Goodwood event. I love that the 83 Subaru is in there sliding around and in the top 5! But those fans on the McMurty certainly make it insane on another level!

I wonder if they'll have to consider more safety to protect spectators, since the speeds some of those cars are hitting would easily push them over some of those haybales and into the crowd...

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Direct from Unplugged Performance's site on their brake upgrade kit:

A NOTE ON BRAKE FLUID & HIGH PERFORMANCE DRIVING:​

Brake fluid plays a vital role in the performance and reliability of every brake system, especially so in high performance driving. A professional brake bleed with high performance fluid is a requirement for the functionality of our brake system. We recommend using Motul RBF 660 (our go-to fluid) or Endless RF-650 brake fluid. Brake fluid should be flushed frequently for race cars in particular because over time moisture content builds and moisture inherently decreases the temperature limit of the brake fluid. Brake fluid and the temperature capabilities of it matter especially due to the high temperatures the heavy and powerful Model S generate. The higher temperatures seen in the brake system transfers heat to the brake fluid and when brake fluid boils those bubbles create air in the brake lines. Air in the brake lines from boiled fluid can create near instant loss of brake pedal. Therefore, using a high temp brake fluid and managing brake heat is a key to safe braking for extreme environments. Loss of pedal is a different symptom than brake fade and typically a symptom of brake fluids exceeding their temperature range (or alternatively a leak in the system) whereas brake fade is often a byproduct of the brake pads exceeding operating temperature range. In both cases managing temperatures in a racing environment and adequate testing is typically found in motorsports drivers and always strongly encouraged to get the best and most safe result. We flush our brake fluid after each race and we monitor caliper temperatures for these same reasons on our race cars. Please always feel welcome to talk to our team if you have questions about motorsport use. For street driving the temperatures seen are significantly less and this plays a lesser role although the same fluids are suggested for street cars as well.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
I have been thinking this for a while. They are a stuck throttle away from a really bad scene.
Or failed tire, or getting off on the grass... I love watching it on TV, and would love to spectate someday. But in the back of my head, I'd be trying to predict a "safe spot" that wouldn't likely make me the focal point like on those "Takeover" videos...

Reactions: Z28Camaro

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
The posted vid just popped up in my feed and the race with the Audi is so eye-opening to see how fast it really is. Having that on-screen reference really shows the speed. Insane. And with no traction control, RWD on a road course surface.

Eric Wareheim Mind Blown GIF by Tim and Eric

• Haha
Reactions: Yaj Yak
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info