Movie The Many Saints of Newark (Sopranos Prequel Movie)

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
giphy.gif

Reactions: FESTER665

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
I can only watch stuff like that (adult shows) after the kids go to bed (at least in the past, now that they're older, I can actually get away sometimes to the basement and watch stuff) and usually I've only got time for 1 episode a night, so it takes me a while to binge a show like this. 86 episodes, that's about 3-4 months of watching 1 per night most nights.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Aircal and Bru

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
FRIDAY.

I'm getting concerned tho. Saw a lotta articles popping up on my phone today w/ not nice titles about this. But it is currently sitting at about a 74% on RT among critics, and skimming over their reviews they seem mostly positive. I've been trying not to build this up too much in my head. I dont need it to be better than the Sopranos, but I want it to be good. God I hope its good. I have faith in David Chase.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Just finished watching, as I had the afternoon off.

This was a shit prequel to one of the greatest shows of all time.
A shit mobster movie.
A mess of a story that even if it was not tied to Sopranos, would have still had no direction of what they wanted the movie to be.
Oh and it was a boring ass 2 hours.

They incorporated a lot of the original (older) characters into the movie (as younger selves, of course) and they thought they'd be cute by incorporating in some of their lines from the show and it just felt horribly forced. Not to mention they tried to mimic the mannerisms of the original actors and it just felt cheesy.

Gandolfini's son tried his best but this movie really wasn't even about him.

What a fucking disappointment. Maybe some of you others will enjoy it but as someone that watches the show once a year, this was a slap in the face to the show and all involved.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info