Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
The apparent release schedule. Yay for no binge!

Here is the reported schedule:

• #101- November 12 (season premiere)
  • #102- November 15
  • #103- November 22
  • #104- November 29
  • #105- December 6
  • #106- December 13
  • #107- December 18
  • #108 – December 27 (season finale)

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Im sure it will be, but Ill give our world dominating mouse money per month.
I doubt it will be.

Disney doesn't want that. They want you to have to keep paying them to watch content. They don't want you to own it, they want you to lease it. There is a reason they started putting movies into the Vault and only doing limited release runs for VHS/DVD/BR.

Now with the streaming platform they don't have to do the Vault anymore, because they are going to put all of their content behind a paywall. In the next 10 years we'll see physical releases dry up. Which I hate, but thats exactly the way it's going.

Fox stopped releasing on Bluray entirely, and will only release their shows on DVD now.

An example is The Orville. Its only available on DVD despite being produced and mastered in high definition.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I doubt it will be.

Disney doesn't want that. They want you to have to keep paying them to watch content. They don't want you to own it, they want you to lease it. There is a reason they started putting movies into the Vault and only doing limited release runs for VHS/DVD/BR.

Now with the streaming platform they don't have to do the Vault anymore, because they are going to put all of their content behind a paywall. In the next 10 years we'll see physical releases dry up. Which I hate, but thats exactly the way it's going.

Fox stopped releasing on Bluray entirely, and will only release their shows on DVD now.

An example is The Orville. Its only available on DVD despite being produced and mastered in high definition.

I think you are missing the point and definition of what Rich was saying.

Reactions: RICH17

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Disney+ is live. Can't wait to start this tomorrow.

IMG_20191112_002334.jpg

Reactions: BS ISF and Maro

muskie

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2011
Palatine
I was hoping it would be more Rogue One and less Return of the Jedi. The cinematic experience and visuals were absolutely fantastic. I felt immersed in the world and it felt like the Star Wars we all expect and love.

I felt the story mediocre to OK at best but the acting was so bad IMO. Lines felt phoned in and lacked emotion from other characters. I get that’s the point with the Mandalorian

The ending of the first episode doesn’t really make sense to me. If the one scene is supposed to explain what he did I didn’t feel it did. (Purposefully vague so no spoilers)

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So I'm going to get right to it..this was not great. Barely even good. Not at all what I was expecting, and I'm shocked I'm saying all this. Hopefully this is just that first episode crap where its never indicative of the actual series. I cant remember if the pilot was shot prior to the full series going green or what..so maybe that explains it. That out of the way, here are my thoughts.

• The writing is bad, like really bad. Very little dialogue worth a shit. Everything said was forgettable. The Mandalorian's lines were truly terrible and the team should be a bit ashamed. Hes a masked mystery and his initial dialogue gives hope that he will stay dark...and then he meets the alien thing that trains him to ride the alien horse and he just starts spouting off cheesy lines. Only gets worse when he teams up with the bounty droid.
  • The scene where the alien tells him he should be able to ride that fat alien donkey because hes a Mandalorian then he just goes off and does it was so cliche and awful :rofl:
  • The CGI and green screen usage is way over the top...this felt like prequel levels of CGI. Everything was very noticeable and stuck out like a sore thumb. BUT, again...this might be because its the pilot and at the time, they were working on a more fixed budget.
  • The entire episode is shot like something from the SyFy network. It just felt amateur.
  • Audio was ok. I was hoping for more.
  • The ending was.....wat? :rofl: I actually didnt mind it though, as it was a completely unpredictable closing scene.
  • The video quality was crap. There is no way this is actually Dolby Vision. Shadows were blown out, brights werent exactly bright, darks werent dark. I'm gonna guess there is a problem w/ the streaming quality. I watched this on my One X which normally delivers top notch streaming 4k and HDR content. This entire episode looked like SDR. Gonna try using the LG's Disney app tomorrow and seeing if it looks any better.
  • The Mandalorian's ship looks like the Winnebago from Spaceballs :rofl:

I'm hoping that most of these gripes get erased come Friday when the second episode comes out. I also hope some of the issues with audio and video get correct. Overall,*waves hand* this was not the premiere I was looking for.

Reactions: muskie

Thread Info