Disney+ The Mandalorian

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Maybe I need to watch it again thru Mook eyes, but I did not have the same experience. It definitely wasn't a riveting first episode, and yes the writing and dialogue definitely need work. But I felt like the cinematography and cgi were pretty decent.

Mook you sure your TV was in your usual Dolby vision mode? For some reason this threw my TV into Dolby cinema mode, which really threw me off at first because it looked so overproduced. But once I set it back to my normal settings it looked quite nice.

It's just the first episode, so I'm certainly curious to see where it goes from here. Especially after that ending.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
To each their own. I didnt hate it but it was definitely not Star Wars, Disney or Favreau quality. It felt like something I'd see on SyFy.

I'm going to rewatch it tomorrow and try with a clear mind.
Besides the terrible cgi on the creatures they rode I didnt see any issues. I'm also watching on a 1080p plasma so maybe with 4k shits more noticable

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
I guess I'm easily pleased, but to me star wars anything is like your first love. She could gain 50 pounds but still just seems hot for some reason. I used the Disney app on my TV and thought the visuals were good. The audio was really quiet though. Still hopeful for the rest of the series.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a slow mover but I expect that for the first episode of an 8 episode season. I thought the cinematography and CGI was damn good. I watched it on my new 65" 4K TV and was blown away by a few scenes. It's a solid base for a character that can be a fan favorite. If this type of media is the future of SW, count me in. I'm looking forward to watching this every week for the next 7 weeks. I like that they release an episode every week.

Reactions: IDAFC21

Thread Info