Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Watched this again....my opinions on everything really didnt change much.

There is for sure something going on w/ the video compression and Dolby Vision....it is not being done correctly. Or maybe the visual crew were just trying to go with a more muted world and this is the intended result.

I'm watching The World According to Jeff Goldblum which is just in HD no HDR and the picture is fantastic. Something is definitely going on with the compression on the HDR content.

I'm shocked some of you guys with HDR tvs are blown away by the content....

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Watched this again....my opinions on everything really didnt change much.

There is for sure something going on w/ the video compression and Dolby Vision....it is not being done correctly. Or maybe the visual crew were just trying to go with a more muted world and this is the intended result.

I'm watching The World According to Jeff Goldblum which is just in HD no HDR and the picture is fantastic. Something is definitely going on with the compression on the HDR content.

I'm shocked some of you guys with HDR tvs are blown away by the content....

One thing I’ve learned that I’m sure you’ve ran into also is that there’s no standard from TV to studio to app. When I got my TCL, Amazon’s HDR specifically didn’t work well with TCL TVs, but they fixed it. I haven’t ran into that on my new TCL, but this didn’t look great.

Reactions: Mook

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Watched it again. If I REALLY wanna take the rose colored glasses off and nitpick, sure the CGI stuck out a little bit at times, some of the low light level scenes looked a bit grainy and muddy, but overall I still feel the visual quality of the show is quite passable. You'll get no arguments from me about the dialog. I think blue alien Horatio Sanz from the beginning had more depth and character development than anyone else in this episode. But the important thing is despite all that, from the background characters, to the scenery, to the blaster noises and everything else, this is a star wars world to me. And I'm on board with wherever it takes me. I'll be putting my rose colored glasses back on now.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
You want a good scifi western, go watch firefly.

I really need to get back to this. I started it awhile back and got thru the first 3 or 4 episodes, and then stopped for some reason and haven't gone back. I loved the movie and was enjoying what I watched so I don't know what distracted me.

Also Summer Glau.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
You all can suck my lightsaber.
giphy.gif

Thread Info