Disney+ The Mandalorian

muskie

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2011
Palatine
My main gripes remain...and I know I'm literally the ONLY one who feels this way....the writing is just not good. The dialog is so bad at times......I mean look at the scene where the dragon is OUT IN THE OPEN coming at Mando and he says "There it is"....well no shit :rofl:

But we're now on season 2 and its obvious the writing isnt going to get any better, so whatever. I'm not going to dwell on it going forward.

I still stand by my s1 gripes that visually, this show is below par when compared to offerings on Netflix or even Amazon. I don't know if its the dolby vision implementation, the app on apple tv or what..but this doesnt look particularly great at times. It doesnt look bad, but its not up to snuff with other content out there. The audio is the same as well...this atmos soundtrack lacks punch and depth, even with my system turned way up, its soft.

I'm pretty sure I stated from the first episode I was in your camp. But the more and more this show goes on I'm 100% in agreement with you. The story and dialogue are just flat. I find myself losing focus on the episodes midway through.

I'm also going to agree with the visual aspect of this. It just doesn't look right compared to other shows. Did you end up having better luck with a downloaded version than streaming?

Reactions: Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I'm pretty sure I stated from the first episode I was in your camp. But the more and more this show goes on I'm 100% in agreement with you. The story and dialogue are just flat. I find myself losing focus on the episodes midway through.

I'm also going to agree with the visual aspect of this. It just doesn't look right compared to other shows. Did you end up having better luck with a downloaded version than streaming?
I never bothered downloading eps. I'm not committed enough to care at this point.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
You know, I never cared about the "doesn't remove helmet" schtick.

But now that I've seen the actress who plays the Armorer?

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!!!

1607025526178.png

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
This show has far and away the WORST audio and video of any streaming show I've ever watched. Just straight trash. Its unreal that Disney thinks this is passable.

Also, its rather pathetic that the main character, Mando, is overshadowed by *redacted* when it comes to action sequences. And out-acted.

The only redeeming thing about that episode was Boba fucking everyone up.

Ok, you guys can gang up on me now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info