Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
An ok episode made WAY better by
Olyphant

I liked the end cameo as well.

My main gripes remain...and I know I'm literally the ONLY one who feels this way....the writing is just not good. The dialog is so bad at times......I mean look at the scene where the dragon is OUT IN THE OPEN coming at Mando and he says "There it is"....well no shit :rofl:

But we're now on season 2 and its obvious the writing isnt going to get any better, so whatever. I'm not going to dwell on it going forward.

I still stand by my s1 gripes that visually, this show is below par when compared to offerings on Netflix or even Amazon. I don't know if its the dolby vision implementation, the app on apple tv or what..but this doesnt look particularly great at times. It doesnt look bad, but its not up to snuff with other content out there. The audio is the same as well...this atmos soundtrack lacks punch and depth, even with my system turned way up, its soft.

I think I'm gonna download a copy of this episode tonight and see if it looks / sounds any better. Hopefully a DV rip is out later today. Doubtful tho. But I can at least test the sound.

Overall, I'm sure none of you could have saw my above comments coming :rofl:

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
An ok episode made WAY better by
Olyphant

I liked the end cameo as well.

My main gripes remain...and I know I'm literally the ONLY one who feels this way....the writing is just not good. The dialog is so bad at times......I mean look at the scene where the dragon is OUT IN THE OPEN coming at Mando and he says "There it is"....well no shit :rofl:

But we're now on season 2 and its obvious the writing isnt going to get any better, so whatever. I'm not going to dwell on it going forward.

I still stand by my s1 gripes that visually, this show is below par when compared to offerings on Netflix or even Amazon. I don't know if its the dolby vision implementation, the app on apple tv or what..but this doesnt look particularly great at times. It doesnt look bad, but its not up to snuff with other content out there. The audio is the same as well...this atmos soundtrack lacks punch and depth, even with my system turned way up, its soft.

I think I'm gonna download a copy of this episode tonight and see if it looks / sounds any better. Hopefully a DV rip is out later today. Doubtful tho. But I can at least test the sound.

Overall, I'm sure none of you could have saw my above comments coming :rofl:
I was going to ask about this, exactly... if they had improved the visuals and audio. Last time I watched via Apple TV 4k, but will try the Xbox this time, see if it makes any difference. Not expecting it to.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I'll try a downloaded copy tonight. Need to wait for some 4k rips to hit. Only saw 1080 this morning.
If you find one, point me in that direction. I'll try the same. Would need to see how I could stream it to the ATV or Xbox. Don't think Plex supports 4K? Or is it that it doesn't support 4K transcoding to a lower resolution?

I know I can load it to a physical device and play via USB on the Xbox (forgot which native app). Tested that last year.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
So, based on what I saw last season, and what you're describing for this season, it seems that they're really trying to fashion the Mandalorian with Gary Cooper's actions, mixed with a quote from John Wayne, "Talk low, talk slow, and don't say too much.", which defines Cooper's acting to a "T".

I noticed his "walk" right away, which is the same stride that Timothy Olyphant uses in Deadwood and Justified, and has been observed as a "Gary Cooper type walk". Which I why I first thought that was Olyphant wearing the suit, and they were using Pascal's voice and his single head shot. Oops, spoiler from Season 1 :eek:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info