The "Let's Lease an SUV" Thread

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
My mission: Lease an SUV that can tow 5k lbs or better.

Results so far (all are zero down 15k miles/year):

- Grand cherokee laredo X that's discounted from $47k to $41k is a whopping $740 lease, been quoted >$700 by two different dealers so this isn't just a "greedy dealer" type of thing. That should be a $500 lease at the absolute most, you can buy the damn thing with nothing down for about the same price as the lease. It's clear that jeep wants these off their books.
- New $48k MSRP exploder, $650, gfy
- 4runner, they didn't get back to me with a quote, and frankly I'm sure it would be high and I hate the halogen headlights and ancient engine/trans so I'm not following up with them

In the hopper: the local acura dealer has FIFTY leftover 2020 MDX's in stock. Literally one third of their new inventory is a 1 year old MDX :ROFLMAO: It's a "meh" vehicle but as a daily with a cheap payment that gets me to/from the track, I'm good with it. I'll let you know what they come back with

What else should I be looking at?

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005

- Grand cherokee laredo X that's discounted from $47k to $41k is a whopping $740 lease, been quoted >$700 by two different dealers so this isn't just a "greedy dealer" type of thing. That should be a $500 lease at the absolute most, you can buy the damn thing with nothing down for about the same price as the lease. It's clear that jeep wants these off their books.
- 4runner, they didn't get back to me with a quote, and frankly I'm sure it would be high and I hate the halogen headlights and ancient engine/trans so I'm not following up with them

In the hopper: the local acura dealer has FIFTY leftover 2020 MDX's in stock. Literally one third of their new inventory is a 1 year old MDX :ROFLMAO: It's a "meh" vehicle but as a daily with a cheap payment that gets me to/from the track, I'm good with it. I'll let you know what they come back with

If you are looking to lease a MDX, then consider looking at a Pilot.

Have you looked at options from Ford (John) and Lincoln?

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
You'll probably want to stay away from a domestic unless its insanely discounted. 2020 leftovers sometimes don't lease as well because programs have ended/no lease support/options

leasehackr.com for suuuuuuuuuuuuuuure

i recall seeing 4runners for STUPID cheap because they have like 65+% residuals lol

check out BMWs, not sure towing capacity x3 vs x5, but those can be had for "cheap" vs MSRP too

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
He has a ram so he’s superior. Probably has his tow mirrors out too.
1617644742396.png

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

can i make you hate me, and ask, why?

Reactions: dun4791

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
can i make you hate me, and ask, why?
Few reasons

1. I drive a lot less now thanks to flexible work schedules
2. Both my options for getting to the track this year have disappeared lol. Friend I was going to ride with got his gf in to riding so now the trailer is always full, aaaaand my wife isn't leasing an SUV this spring (if she does it won't be until fall, but she's leaning towards another car)
3. I have a lot of equity in the honda and it's worth what I paid, so if I can lease something new for a decent amount, pocket a bunch of cash, and solve my track season problems..... why not
3a. I also don't want to rent a POS uhaul trailer or rent a pickup for $300 for a track weekend. Been there done that, no thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info