HBO / MAX The Last of Us

Huggerorange73

Big government pro Russian dude AKA Comrade Mike
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Alot to unpack. Could've cut episode 3 in 1/4 and use the time for this one.
Happy Season 5 GIF by The Office

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I still dont feel like they were "worthless" episodes and I enjoyed them a lot, but I wont disagree they took time away from other storylines that COULD have been fleshed out more. Regardless I'd still call this season a resounding success. And hopefully because of its popularity, they'll get more episodes next season and can have a much better balance

Huggerorange73

Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
I still dont feel like they were "worthless" episodes and I enjoyed them a lot, but I wont disagree they took time away from other storylines that COULD have been fleshed out more. Regardless I'd still call this season a resounding success. And hopefully because of its popularity, they'll get more episodes next season and can have a much better balance
Worthless is too strong, I agree.

They just weren't critical to the story...the OG story was OUTSTANDING and what they did hopefully won't compromise that.

I don't foresee this being an issue with the second season as that story is nowhere near as strong.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
We all know S2E1 is going to ignite the internet on fire right?

I cannot even begin to imagine. :ROFLMAO: Non game players, this is your fair warning, you might be tempted to look up info on Part 2 of the game to see where season 2 might go.........but dont. Just dont :ROFLMAO: I want true reactions.

Also....................not so good news...............the run time for the finale has been revealed....... 43 minutes. Which would make it the shortest episode of the season.........

Soooo, if they're gonna get a move on, it should at least be one HELL of a 43 minute episode.

Huggerorange73

Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
I cannot even begin to imagine. :ROFLMAO: Non game players, this is your fair warning, you might be tempted to look up info on Part 2 of the game to see where season 2 might go.........but dont. Just dont :ROFLMAO: I want true reactions.

Also....................not so good news...............the run time for the finale has been revealed....... 43 minutes. Which would make it the shortest episode of the season.........

Soooo, if they're gonna get a move on, it should at least be one HELL of a 43 minute episode.
This is exactly what I've been unhappy about.

God damn it.

Reactions: VenomInside

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX

Can you imagine the hospital scene in 2.. in season 2?

Reactions: Huggerorange73

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Just caught up with all episodes so far. I never played any of the games and not familiar with any of the storylines, but really liking the show.

When Joel grabs his chest, is he having anxiety or heart related problems? Did they do this in the game also?
It was supposed to be anxiety. The show is trying to make him more human vs the game where he is your typical TCG member that never misses gunshots, gets shot but old man strengths his opponents to death, walks off an iron rod through the gut in order to torture 2 guys to find Ellie, and then Rambo his way through hordes of infected and non infected with bricks and bottles.

Huggerorange73

Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
It was supposed to be anxiety. The show is trying to make him more human vs the game where he is your typical TCG member that never misses gunshots, gets shot but old man strengths his opponents to death, walks off an iron rod through the gut in order to torture 2 guys to find Ellie, and then Rambo his way through hordes of infected and non infected with bricks and bottles.
Spot on again.

Oh fuck.... remember last episode where he was on his death bed, then 5 minutes later killed multiple guys and tortured 2 more then walked all the way to David's camp.

Kinda sounds like that typical TCG member.

You never disappoint ?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Spot on again.

Oh fuck.... remember last episode where he was on his death bed, then 5 minutes later killed multiple guys and tortured 2 more then walked all the way to David's camp.

Kinda sounds like that typical TCG member.

You never disappoint ?
Just buy me flowers my guy.

• Haha
Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Thread Info