Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Well this was unexpected.

Today, HBO and PlayStation Productions announced a new TV series for The Last of Us, which will replace the previously announced movie in the works under Sam Raimi. Unfortunately, details on the TV adaptation are currently very scarce. For example, while we know the show -- at least at first -- will tell the events of the first game, we don't know who will play the show's two main characters: Ellie and Joel. When this information will be divulged, who knows, but writer and producer of the series, Craig Mazin, who is also in charge of the upcoming Borderlands movie, has promised the show will stay true to the two beloved video game characters.

Interacting with a fan asking him to maintain the series' representation by not changing Ellie's sexual preference, the producer and writer said "you have my word," confirming the adaptation will be a faithful one. Of course, this isn't very surprising given that its creator, Neil Druckmann, is part of the show's hierarchy. That said, it's never a bad thing to get confirmation.

Craig Mazin, the creator of the acclaimed limited series Chernobyl, is reteaming with HBO to adapt The Last of Us, the massive Sony PlayStation video game franchise.

In a rare development in the world of video game adaptations, the writer and creative director of the game, Neil Druckmann, is also involved and will work with Mazin to pen and executive produce what is intended to be a series.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Bros, this would be perfect casting (if it were true).

FB_IMG_1583466765852.jpg

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I don't know how I feel about this. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm in to check it out. Question is; Will it keep my interest down the road. Would they drag out some of the episodes and make people lose interest, ect. I was actually looking forward to the movie, but now that they're making it an episodic adaption instead, time will tell if I maintain interest in the long run. Hoping it works out, and I am looking forward to it though.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Dunno how I feel about this. I DEFINITELY would have HATED the casting for Joel. Nothing against the actor, but it would have been just terrible fucking casting.

HBO's long-awaited TV adaptation of The Last of Us has officially found its Ellie. On Wednesday, The Hollywood Reporter confirmed that Bella Ramsey, who is best known for her fan-favorite role as Lyanna Mormont on Game of Thrones, has been cast in the series as one of its main characters, Ellie. The series described Ellie as a 14-year-old orphan who has never known anything but a ravaged planet who struggles to balance her instinct for anger and defiance with her need for connection and belonging … as well as the newfound reality that she may be the key to saving the world.

The report also reveals that Mahershala Ali, who was rumored earlier today to be attached to the series' other starring role of Joel, will not actually be playing the part after "a deal never came to fruition".

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
OH COME ON

Thread Info