HBO / MAX The Last of Us

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
My only gripe is how are we 20 years passed the first outbreak and they are still cleaning up and painting stuff. Like they've gotten nowhere

The human spices is barley hanging on by a thread. Each DZ is like its own dictatorship, and the fireflies want to restore democracy (among other things) think of them like the Dennis leary underground group from demolition man.

Reactions: IDAFC21

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
My only gripe is how are we 20 years passed the first outbreak and they are still cleaning up and painting stuff. Like they've gotten nowhere

I was thinking of that last night. My thought on it is that it was 20 years ago that the infection started. I wasn't sure if there was something I missed that said how long it took to decimate the human population and destabilize the entire world. I don't think it's to crazy to think they haven't done much in getting back to normal. There's a lot of technology and machinery that likely failed and they aren't able to make replacement parts en masse.

Reactions: DEEZUZ

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
You have to imagine shes grown up in this apocalyptic world and its really the only thing she knows. She's brash, she says whats on her mind and she has no filters, and she's had to do things to survive in this world that no child should ever have to. I can see how she comes off as standoff-ish and bratty in this first episode, but thats not who she really is

She also grew up inside a QZ and never went out before. Also kind of just realized that she is immune to the super spreader fungus that is killing everyone. Also kind of a teenager. They dont need much to act the way they do. :rofl:

Start was great, but I love the beginning of any apocalyptic movie or show. Got a bit boring after that, but I’ll stick with it.

It was a lot to try and show how things and Joel have changed. I bet after a rewatch after the first season would kind of put things into more perspective.

I was thinking of that last night. My thought on it is that it was 20 years ago that the infection started. I wasn't sure if there was something I missed that said how long it took to decimate the human population and destabilize the entire world. I don't think it's to crazy to think they haven't done much in getting back to normal. There's a lot of technology and machinery that likely failed and they aren't able to make replacement parts en masse.

Joel asked for a plastic bag back. :rofl: They aint making SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!! Especially if I gotta use tape and scissors to make shivs. Ohh sorry, wrong media.

Enjoyed the ep.

Seeing the hotel lobby was major nostalgia.

Not too sold on the hive mind thing. I get why spores need to be taken out, but I'm sure this will add a shit ton of tension and reason for infected to come running I guess.

The kiss was goofy as fuck though.

Hope we get to see Bill and Frank next episode.

Reactions: BS ISF and IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Good 2nd episode. I'm actually ok with the changes they've made so far. I understand why they've made them, and they're still nailing so many great things from the game, I'm willing to allow it

and yeah. The hotel....... The museum......

CLICKERS HAVE ENTERED THE CHAT. Its great they got original voice actors to do them, and the actors that portrayed them NAILED the movements, and they look like they are straight out of the game except even somehow more terrifying. I was literally clenched up the enter museum sequence. I cannot describe the PTSD that sequence brought up in me :ROFLMAO:

Cant wait for ep 3 damnit

Reactions: Fish

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I don’t mind the hive mind vs spore change. Once you leave big cities, the roots lose a lot of their power imo unless they find that one that just runs forever.

I know a few people are still not sold on Bella being Ellie, but she is still nailing all the lines and mannerisms.

Reactions: IDAFC21

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Solid episode overall. The clickers were fantastic.

Unfortunately, I'm still not sold on Ramsey. I'm really trying but she always looks like she wants to laugh or smirk or anything BUT do what the scene calls for. She just isnt selling it for me yet.

Thread Info