HBO / MAX The Last of Us

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Ending was good, but why was this so rushed when we had two episodes dragged out to lead up to LGBTQ make out sessions??

Doesn't make sense to me.

Yeah forgot to mention the later episode with the mall and Elly's and her girlfriend. The places on where they choose to dive deeper seem odd. Like hey let's just bypass the whole part after Joe gets knocked out and Elly is taken into surgery, and inatead have it explained to us by another character on what's happening with Elly.

Why not actually show how that played out? But I need to see the backstory of 2 gay love affairs? I mean come on.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Yeah forgot to mention the later episode with the mall and Elly's and her girlfriend. The places on where they choose to dive deeper seem odd. Like hey let's just bypass the whole part after Joe gets knocked out and Elly is taken into surgery, and inatead have it explained to us by another character on what's happening with Elly.

Why not actually show how that played out? But I need to see the backstory of 2 gay love affairs? I mean come on.
That’s exactly how it happened in the game. Joel gets incapacitated and wakes up to be told Ellie is having surgery and GTFO.

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
You guys are fucking silly. The Elle backstory was part of the game. The other episode was just stuff hinted at in the game.
But for real… who cares? Like why is it a big deal those two episodes exist for everyone? They both relate to the story. Relate to the world they are living you. Show you the backstory on the character development.
Joel wasn’t just an old grumpy asshat, he tried moving on and working with others.
Elle has had experience with loss during her life and now we see how strong of a connection the loss was which helps us understand why Joel leaving her is so difficult for her. Also probably why she chooses to believe him even though you can tell she thinks he’s lying.
Those were decent episodes and if they didn’t even bother the season would have been two episodes shorter.
Do those episodes change the story? No
Do they help you understand characters better? In my opinion yes they do.
They did a fantastic job on the whole “season” imo and as someone who’s played through the game I really appreciated every episode and all the little things.

Also if all you took away from those two “bad” episodes was that they had some gay make out sessions then y’all need help. Like just stop with all the anti gay shit.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
That’s exactly how it happened in the game. Joel gets incapacitated and wakes up to be told Ellie is having surgery and GTFO.

Ohhhhh OKKKKKKKKKK :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Who cares? This is a TV show and not a video game. I haven't played the game, but I am assuming you are primarily playing Joel? The show isn't shot from entirely Joel's perspective and if you want to make something the best it possibly can be you can add elements to the show that don't pull it from what actually happened.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
You guys are fucking silly. The Elle backstory was part of the game. The other episode was just stuff hinted at in the game.
But for real… who cares? Like why is it a big deal those two episodes exist for everyone? They both relate to the story. Relate to the world they are living you. Show you the backstory on the character development.
Joel wasn’t just an old grumpy asshat, he tried moving on and working with others.
Elle has had experience with loss during her life and now we see how strong of a connection the loss was which helps us understand why Joel leaving her is so difficult for her. Also probably why she chooses to believe him even though you can tell she thinks he’s lying.
Those were decent episodes and if they didn’t even bother the season would have been two episodes shorter.
They did a fantastic job on the whole “season” imo and as someone who’s played through the game I really appreciated every episode and all the little things.

Also if all you took away from those two “bad” episodes was that they had some gay make out sessions then y’all need help. Like just stop with all the anti gay shit.

So should we not have an opinion? Can we not voice it?

It's a poor choice to develop those characters that cease to exist in any other episode. Why not develop Joel & Tommy and what they did before they lived in settlements. The point is you waste 2 episodes, longer ones at that, developing characters in the past that hold no future value in the show other than they somehow shaped some behavior.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI

So should we not have an opinion? Can we not voice it?

It's a poor choice to develop those characters that cease to exist in any other episode. Why not develop Joel & Tommy and what they did before they lived in settlements. The point is you waste 2 episodes, longer ones at that, developing characters in the past that hold no future value in the show other than they somehow shaped some behavior.
Could not have worded it better.

Would of loved to see depth at the hospital instead of what seemed fast forward combat

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004

I don't mind those episodes themselves at all. What bothers me is the time spent on those vs. other things. Either add another couple episodes to the season, or spend less time on the brokeback and mall episodes. Either would be a fine solution for me.

Reactions: greasy and DEEZUZ

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Ohhhhh OKKKKKKKKKK :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Who cares? This is a TV show and not a video game. I haven't played the game, but I am assuming you are primarily playing Joel? The show isn't shot from entirely Joel's perspective and if you want to make something the best it possibly can be you can add elements to the show that don't pull it from what actually happened.
Well, you obviously care cause you are bitching about it.

You play as Joel for the majority except when he was out and needed the medicine. There is however all sorts of lore and side stories in the world. The show did its best to pull all those stories up front and even did add some. Yet here we are debating about episodes cause EWW GUYS KISSED and EWW ELLIE LIKES GIRLS!!

The game came out fucking 10 years ago with all of this and most of your are all “WOOOOOOOKE”. Was that even a thing in 2013? ??

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Well, you obviously care cause you are bitching about it.

You play as Joel for the majority except when he was out and needed the medicine. There is however all sorts of lore and side stories in the world. The show did its best to pull all those stories up front and even did add some. Yet here we are debating about episodes cause EWW GUYS KISSED and EWW ELLIE LIKES GIRLS!!

The game came out fucking 10 years ago with all of this and most of your are all “WOOOOOOOKE”. Was that even a thing in 2013? ??

I am saying "who cares" about how it was exactly portrayed or played out in the video game, we are watching a show, not playing a video game. You guys keep getting hung up on the gay factor, I do not think anybody cares that there were 2 episodes involving gay people, we use that to identify the episodes easily as it was a common factor between the 2. Had it been straight people instead of gay people I would still be as critical.

Your virtue signaling is beaming brah!

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I am saying "who cares" about how it was exactly portrayed or played out in the video game, we are watching a show, not playing a video game. You guys keep getting hung up on the gay factor, I do not think anybody cares that there were 2 episodes involving gay people, we use that to identify the episodes easily as it was a common factor between the 2. Had it been straight people instead of gay people I would still be as critical.

If you watched the after credits with the actors and dude who created the show he states it’s one of the only games with a truly good story and he wanted to portray that in the show….so would make sense it would mostly follow the game play right?

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
IT FOLLOWS THE SHOW!!!!

1678740634469.png

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Ep 3 with Bill and frank I don’t think could have gone any other way. It either existed as it did or it had to be 100% omitted. It just wouldn’t have worked as a part within an episode based on the storyline on either side of that episode.

The mall episode could have been a shorter flashback for sure but here we are. It didn’t make the overall season bad at all.

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish

I get caught up? Have you read this thread? Have you read your posts? Keep on keeping on.

I wish I had enough time or want to bitch about everything.

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Real Name
Mike
****WARNING OPINION AHEAD****

So, while playing through the game....the danger level of the infected, and the scale of infected is something lost in the show.

The TV Show world seems far less dangerous than the game world, which in turn IN MY OPINION, minimizes Joel's choice at the end of the 1st story.

As a gamer, the series was very good...but had the chance to be fucking amazing. Wasting those 2 episodes definitely hurt.

Season 2 is going to be very interesting as the second game was very polarizing and not as good as a story.

AGAIN, MY OPINIONS.

Thread Info