HBO / MAX The Last of Us

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Seems like newer shows are typically incorporating episodes that are just back story, this is not unique just to this show. The other things new shows is show back story as small chunks... 10 minutes of back story.

I feel like Last of Us is taking the back story jumps too far. My biggest beef with this episode was it was boring and stretched out.

I do like the tension of knowing that one of the infected is going to be in a scene, but the show is showing a routine of showing all the action at the end.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
i expected this reaction. :ROFLMAO: EVERYBODY JUMP SHIP!!

I loved this episode, and just like it was DLC in the game, it was something really nobody asked for, but just gives you a nice window into what was, and what could have been, had this scenario not played out for Ellie. I'm actually more OK with this episode than I was w/ the Bill episode, as far as them dedicating pretty much an entire episode to this flashback. This is so much more important for Ellie's development. And they really did stick pretty close w/ the game in this episode.

Its 31 minutes, but well worth the watch

and this is actually a pretty decent comparison to scenes from the game

The Cure song they chose for the carousel.....i got fucking goosebumps. All the music in this episode was just so on point.

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa

I loved this episode, and just like it was DLC in the game, it was something really nobody asked for, but just gives you a nice window into what was, and what could have been, had this scenario not played out for Ellie. I'm actually more OK with this episode than I was w/ the Bill episode, as far as them dedicating pretty much an entire episode to this flashback. This is so much more important for Ellie's development. And they really did stick pretty close w/ the game in this episode.

The Cure song they chose for the carousel.....i got fucking goosebumps. All the music in this episode was just so on point.

Not jumping ship.

But look, this was DLC. There are 9 total episodes and they pissed away 2.

The games story is phenomenal, why rush that masterpiece for 2 episodes that are in no way shape or form critical to the main story.

And if you played the game, you realize how much ground is left to cover with 2 episodes left. (They have stated season 1 is the OG game and season 2 will be the sequel)

That's the gripe, unless I'm totally missing the boat.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel

I’m glad someone gets it.
leonardo dicaprio bravo GIF

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Didn’t have an issue with the last episode. Thought it was good, but would have rather they put more time into the next two episodes as it’s going to feel rushed. If the episode has gay tones in it I don’t have a problem with that.

Unless they make it some stupid witch hunt like the zombies start quoting bible versus while hunting them down in pickup trucks while shouting ‘marriage between man and women’ I don’t think this is woke shit. It’s not pushing a divisive agenda, people need to stop clutching their damn pearls so damn hard.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Didn’t have an issue with the last episode. Thought it was good, but would have rather they put more time into the next two episodes as it’s going to feel rushed. If the episode has gay tones in it I don’t have a problem with that.

Unless they make it some stupid witch hunt like the zombies start quoting bible versus while hunting them down in pickup trucks while shouting ‘marriage between man and women’ I don’t think this is woke shit. It’s not pushing a divisive agenda, people need to stop clutching their damn pearls so damn hard.

154678iE30014FFD18FE770

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Last episode was content that was released after the game as DLC.

In the game, Frank is dead when Joel arrives (Killed himself because he couldn't take anymore of Bills shit, to which bill had a fuck off response) and some of the best action sequences in the game happen with Joel and Bill. It's only hinted at that Bill is gay and not built upon any farther than that.

Nobody gives a flying fuck that they're pushing their agenda, for folks that know the story...it pisses us off that they're now going to have to rush through the remaining story in 2 episodes because they wasted 2 hours on shit that wasn't necessary.

Thread Info