HBO / MAX The Last of Us

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Once we get a full season, I think it will take a better shape. I also am believing more and more that S1 will not cover the entire first game. This is probably to stretch out the TV show and let S1 and 2 of the show be the first game, while S3 and 4, and maybe even 5 be the second game. By then the third one might be ready. Who knows.

Besides once the first game is told, everyone is going to shit on the show anyway cause internet reasons.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I am current through episode 3.

Really enjoyed the first 2 episodes and loved the anticipation & suspense they provided. Loved the way the 2nd episode opened up with the infectious disease doctor being freaked out from a super short autopsy. The 3rd episode moved at a terrible pace and I was disappointed overall. I could care less that there are gay characters, but to spend that much time on 2 characters, developing them in a episode dedicated to entirely them, seems like a poor use of the story. I have no issue with slower plot development episodes in shows, but to promote 2 characters that are ultimately dead and won't have a bearing on the remainder of the show seems like a waste. I understand the purpose of that was to cover a span of time from the inception of the outbreak to current, but it was too much. I felt it could have been done in a different way.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
While seeing two men kiss will forever give me the heebie jeebies, this episode was very well done with their story. Nick Offerman essentially played Ron Swanson, but gay. I don't think he made a very convincing gay man, it might just be that I always seen him as Ron Swanson. I agree that it was a rather lengthy episode for these two characters, I still enjoyed watching it.

Reactions: Rico

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I'm a little of column A and a little of column B on this episode. I did really enjoy the episode, but I too felt like it didnt necessarily need to be almost an entire episode. But the ending was the most important part. I'll say it again, listen to the words Bill wrote in his note. THIS is what propels Joel forward to be Ellie's protector.

This part especially

"I used to hate the world and I was happy when everyone died. But I was wrong, because there was one person worth saving. That's what I did, I saved him, then I protected him. That's why men like you and me are here: we have a job to do. And God help any motherfuckers who stand in our way."

And after failing to protect his daughter, and failing to protect Tess, his mission is clear now. Yeah, this is mostly a stand alone episode, but I felt it still did a good job at the end to advance the story and give Joel the motivation he needed, so once again its another change from the game that I'm completely fine with and I think works well for the tv show.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
My take on it was that it was a great episode. They built up both characters nicely and by the end you actually cared about them. Good writing in this episode. Sure it’s a bottle episode specifically for these characters but was written so well that it didn’t require major action sequences or core characters to keep you attention.

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
At the current point of the series, it seems like an odd "fit" but I'm guessing when the season is complete the value of this episode will make more sense.

Joel and Bill are very much alike in the sense they are "protectors" and were hardened people, loners in a sense.

Bill found Frank and a purpose.....and was successful in protecting him, Joel failed in protecting his daughter and Tess.....and I think Bill's note has given Joel new purpose to succeed in protecting Ellie.

We'll see.

Reactions: IDAFC21 and Rico

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
At the current point of the series, it seems like an odd "fit" but I'm guessing when the season is complete the value of this episode will make more sense.

Joel and Bill are very much alike in the sense they are "protectors" and were hardened people, loners in a sense.

Bill found Frank and a purpose.....and was successful in protecting him, Joel failed in protecting his daughter and Tess.....and I think Bill's note has given Joel new purpose to succeed in protecting Ellie.

We'll see.

Someone gets it!

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
I really like this show. Yeah, the kiss was whatever. Some of you are acting like they went full on human centipede.

Well, without showing it, they showed frank going down on bill.

The Last Of Us Yes GIF by PlayStation

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
“The Last of Us” director Peter Hoar said he wanted to “trick” his audience into watching a gay love story in an episode of HBO Max’s new apocalyptic drama.

Hoar, who is gay and is known for his work on the British LGBT+ miniseries, “It’s a Sin,” said that he wanted the viewers to see that it was the “same love” as straight people, but just between two guys, Independent UK reported.

“Sometimes you have to sort of trick the rest of the world into watching these things before they’re like, ‘Oh, my God, it was two guys. I just realized,'” Hoar told Inverse magazine ahead the release of the zombie series’ third episode.

Matt Leblanc Whatever GIF

Thread Info