TV The Last Dance

Chi_Shizzle

Regular
Jun 4, 2019
I was actually a big fan of Lebron until he had a "pep rally" with the Heat when he joined them, and him Bosh and Wade got their uniforms on and acted like they won a championship. LOL that was so pathetic!

I think that is when he said that stupid line above....

That was the biggest bullshit ever. They ultimately ended up going 2-2 in the Finals..lol

Reactions: Chet Donnelly

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I definitely enjoyed the show overall. They had some great interviews on it and it really showed Jordan's competitive nature. He is without a doubt the GOAT. LeBron is a very talented athlete, but just can't stack up to Jordan as the best basketball player and icon of all time.

Not even close.

My wife and I started this last night and I'm fucking loving it. Lots of feels.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I posted in this thread about my son watching this with me at dinner. He made comments about how much more physical the game was back then and a few other things that he didnt know. He also on his own came to the conclusion that a lot of these great players today would probably be good players back then and some couldnt have played at all back then. Between him, his friends and my nephews (all early 20's), they ALL jumped on the Jordan train now lol. They have actually watched a bunch of games and highlights via Youtube. Its funny now seeing them sitting around and talking about "did you see that play by Jordan or did you see that game" lol.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I got to watch a few games in person when I was a kid. Ultimately, the video highlights barely do justice to what Jordan was really like in real life. It was unnatural and hard to even imagine his skill level and physical ability. I highly doubt there will be a player like him to ever play the game again.

Reactions: SHARKBITEATTACK

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I posted in this thread about my son watching this with me at dinner. He made comments about how much more physical the game was back then and a few other things that he didnt know. He also on his own came to the conclusion that a lot of these great players today would probably be good players back then and some couldnt have played at all back then. Between him, his friends and my nephews (all early 20's), they ALL jumped on the Jordan train now lol. They have actually watched a bunch of games and highlights via Youtube. Its funny now seeing them sitting around and talking about "did you see that play by Jordan or did you see that game" lol.

SOOOOOO MUCH MORE PHYSICAL fucking insane compared to "today"

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
I hate Jerry k so much. He is the absolute poster child for scumbag insecure POS's
I can literally picture him complaining to his wife that Michael, Scottie, and Phil are getting all the recognition....but its really me....ME....that put this together and made these championships happen. And her consoling him over it LOL.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I can literally picture him complaining to his wife that Michael, Scottie, and Phil are getting all the recognition....but its really me....ME....that put this together and made these championships happen. And her consoling him over it LOL.

I mean, he made some saavy moves in Scottie and basically everything else outside of Paxson and Michael. He alienated basically everyone and was a general asshole. BUT, he got the job done. Obviously, without Michael, the Bulls weren't going to be able to get it done, but there needed to be a team outside of Michael. Also the hiring of Phil was good, because probably only a few coaches could have tamed all the egos on all those teams.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
I mean, he made some saavy moves in Scottie and basically everything else outside of Paxson and Michael. He alienated basically everyone and was a general asshole. BUT, he got the job done. Obviously, without Michael, the Bulls weren't going to be able to get it done, but there needed to be a team outside of Michael. Also the hiring of Phil was good, because probably only a few coaches could have tamed all the egos on all those teams.
I don't think anyone doubts Jerry's success in putting that team together. He made real savvy moves in getting Scottie, Phil, Kukoc, not signing Horace Grant back and then landing Rodman a couple years later.

If he wasn't such a cry baby loser, he could of gone out a hero! Instead he cried, complained, and created all sorts of drama because he wasn't in the spotlight. Now he will forever be remembered as a piece of shit instead of one of the smartest GM's in NBA history.....and he did it to himself.

Also, I sort of feel bad for Jerry's family...they obviously made him a villain, but him being dead on not being able to defend himself was kind of shitty of the filmmakers
There is no possible valid defense to "I don't care if you win a championship, this team is being broken up." They portrayed him as a villain, because that is the only possible realistic way to portray Jerry Krause! I don't feel bad for his family, as they're a bunch of millionaires and it was no secret what a POS Krause was....

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
Phil was promoted when they fired Doug Collins. He was an assistant coach

And I didn’t care for Krause either but he definitely deserves credit.

I think the big reasons the Bulls broke up after the 98 title is Phil wanted to leave. He mentioned that before the season and Scottie also wanted to be traded (I think) I think he was still under contract.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I don't think anyone doubts Jerry's success in putting that team together. He made real savvy moves in getting Scottie, Phil, Kukoc, not signing Horace Grant back and then landing Rodman a couple years later.

If he wasn't such a cry baby loser, he could of gone out a hero! Instead he cried, complained, and created all sorts of drama because he wasn't in the spotlight. Now he will forever be remembered as a piece of shit instead of one of the smartest GM's in NBA history.....and he did it to himself.

There is no possible valid defense to "I don't care if you win a championship, this team is being broken up." They portrayed him as a villain, because that is the only possible realistic way to portray Jerry Krause! I don't feel bad for his family, as they're a bunch of millionaires and it was no secret what a POS Krause was....

How much of that cry baby loser was the filmmakers really portraying him as that, and actual reality. Even in the episodes, basically all the players and coaches just shit all over him. I'd get a bit pissed too, if they were constantly giving me shit. Obviously we know he made some pretty shitty statements, and did want at least some of the spotlight (like other GM's do) but I don't think he should be made out as THE only reason the team broke up.

Phil was promoted when they fired Doug Collins. He was an assistant coach

And I didn’t care for Krause either but he definitely deserves credit.

I think the big reasons the Bulls broke up after the 98 title is Phil wanted to leave. He mentioned that before the season and Scottie also wanted to be traded (I think) I think he was still under contract.

I believe Krause brought Phil in as an assistant to Doug, and then gave him the HC job

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info