TV The Last Dance

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Who cares about Lebron.

I’m not a fan. But, The guy is one of the greatest athletes of all time. He deserves credit for his hard work too.

Hypothetically, if he played with MJ. Bron would be even better. MJ got the most out of his teammates as we all know.

Thank u marko it’s first time we can agree.

Reactions: Marko

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
Didn’t Lebron break up Detroit with 3 HOF players and break up the Celtics with 3 HOF players oh wait he also took down the spurs with 4 HOF. Shit he also took down the with the team with the best record in the NBA. You guys make it seem like he garbage. Yes we all know MJ was great but Lebron is great now and still playing at a high level. Give the man some credit he also shut down the bulls thru out the years. Don’t hate appreciate his greatness.

No

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
You are right Jordan never lost in the playoffs. If he was so great why didn’t he get the wizards in the playoffs the east was weak those two years. Why didn’t he lead them with his insults? Lol Kobe the biggest ball hog ever. Nice try Shawn. Yes Lebron lost to the pistons and Boston have u looked at the lineups when he was in Cleveland? He also beat them what’s your point? When the Heat lost to the spurs the second time look up wade and Bosh’s stats they had nothing in the tank no wonder Lebron left back home. The heat also beat the spurs and you know better U can’t beat the spurs with one guy if you aren’t a complete team the spurs will dismantle your team.
Dude, you were the one bragging about how they beat Boston and Detroit like that was a huge accomplishment. I just pointed out they lost to them as well. Did you look at the East when he had those lineups? Wade and Bosh had nothing in the tank, or were they shut down by great defense?? I'm saying it was the defense that crushed them and blew them out every game except one.
Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5.......................LMMFAO.

Chi_Shizzle

Regular
Jun 4, 2019
Didn’t Lebron break up Detroit with 3 HOF players and break up the Celtics with 3 HOF players oh wait he also took down the spurs with 4 HOF. Shit he also took down the with the team with the best record in the NBA. You guys make it seem like he garbage. Yes we all know MJ was great but Lebron is great now and still playing at a high level. Give the man some credit he also shut down the bulls thru out the years. Don’t hate appreciate his greatness.

Who are these 3 HOF you speak of from Detroit? And KG, Pierce and Allen were literally on their last legs.

For comparison’s sake, here are some of the HOFers in their prime, whom Jordan had to beat on a regular basis in the East from 91-98:

Reggie Miller
Patrick Ewing
Shaq
Alonzo Mourning
Charles Barkley
Isaiah Thomas
Joe Dumars

Now here’s Lebron’s best East opponents from 2011 to 2018 (his 8 straight Finals appearances):

1 year of MVP D-Rose
Past-prime KG, Pierce and Allen
Paul George
Al Horford
Jayson Tatum
Kyle Lowry
Demar Derozan
Victor Oladipo

As you can see, Lebron’s path to the Finals have been as easy as eating pie. He was the ONLY major star during that span who played in the East. Durant, Curry, Kawhi, Westbrook, Harden, Davis, Dirk, Lillard...basically the next top 7-8 players in the NBA were ALL in the West.

His skill and talent are undeniable, but he wouldn’t have been anywhere near as successful if the Heat/Cavs played in the West.

Reactions: Shawn1112

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Who are these 3 HOF you speak of from Detroit? And KG, Pierce and Allen were literally on their last legs.

For comparison’s sake, here are some of the HOFers in their prime, whom Jordan had to beat on a regular basis in the East from 91-98:

Reggie Miller
Patrick Ewing
Shaq
Alonzo Mourning
Charles Barkley
Isaiah Thomas
Joe Dumars

Now here’s Lebron’s best East opponents from 2011 to 2018 (his 8 straight Finals appearances):

1 year of MVP D-Rose
Past-prime KG, Pierce and Allen
Paul George
Al Horford
Jayson Tatum
Kyle Lowry
Demar Derozan
Victor Oladipo

As you can see, Lebron’s path to the Finals have been as easy as eating pie. He was the ONLY major star during that span who played in the East. Durant, Curry, Kawhi, Westbrook, Harden, Davis, Dirk, Lillard...basically the next top 7-8 players in the NBA were ALL in the West.

His skill and talent are undeniable, but he wouldn’t have been anywhere near as successful if the Heat/Cavs played in the West.

It’s not a one on one game it’s a team game Detroit was no slouch they had sheed, Wallace, rip, prince, billups with a good bench. You are going to tell me Boston was not good team with a great coach ? Raptors were nothing ? The bulls were the real deal with a defensive coach who made the team never to give up. Didn’t the magic have D Howard that was not a bad team. Shit Indiana was deep with a good coach with a outstanding bench. I will never take anything away from MJ but let’s not make it seem Lebron isn’t great either.

Chi_Shizzle

Regular
Jun 4, 2019
It’s not a one on one game it’s a team game Detroit was no slouch they had sheed, Wallace, rip, prince, billups with a good bench. You are going to tell me Boston was not good team with a great coach ? Raptors were nothing ? The bulls were the real deal with a defensive coach who made the team never to give up. Didn’t the magic have D Howard that was not a bad team. Shit Indiana was deep with a good coach with a outstanding bench. I will never take anything away from MJ but let’s not make it seem Lebron isn’t great either.

Present day NBA is more star-driven than any other era and any other pro sports league. Why do you think we saw 4 straight years of Cavs vs. Warriors? There was no parody during that stretch, especially in the East where Lebron basically coasted during the regular season and playoffs before running into a juggernaut in the Finals.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I've never been able to stand Karl Malone! I watched "Game 6 The Movie" last night and it was awesome to watch that game again. MJ was completely out of gas, and just took over and willed a win in the last 40 seconds.

Some "experts" say that was the best 40 second stretch in NBA history. MJ scores, then steals the ball from Malone and hits game winner.
I think that shit Reggie Miller pulled off was one for the ages as well.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Some "experts" say that was the best 40 second stretch in NBA history. MJ scores, then steals the ball from Malone and hits game winner.
I can't stand Reggie Miller at all...one of my most hated players ever. But absolutely agree. Dude was clutch!

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
I've never been able to stand Karl Malone! I watched "Game 6 The Movie" last night and it was awesome to watch that game again. MJ was completely out of gas, and just took over and willed a win in the last 40 seconds.

Could not watch the whole thing. A lot of rambling about nothing. LOLzzzz

Reactions: Smokinhot

Chi_Shizzle

Regular
Jun 4, 2019

But the fact that Jordan did it in a championship clinching game with a potential road game 7 on the horizon makes it stand out far above the rest.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Man i can't wait for all of the awesome back stories and humbled growth shown by the same team for all of Lebron's future documentaries

" So anyways I got together with my all-start buddies to create super teams and go between city to city and still couldn't muster close to MJ" The end.

PS- I also managed to destroy relationships, management, salary cap, etc etc

FOH, closest anything has ever been to the Bulls in the more modern era was the Spurs with basically home grown talent and a solid core team.

Jordan and that team came from the ground up since basically 84-85 and it was a similar supporting cast for the 2nd 3-peat just replacing a few pieces from the first.

LBJ most physically gifted and athletic guy to play the game? Yep, but I don't remember there being award for that?

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
So this series is both AWESOME and very hurtful at the same time for me. The Dynasty bulls from '91 to '98 was right in the middle of my childhood/young adulthood. I was 11 in 1991. With my family, we watched EVERY bulls game from every season throughout those years. And it was a blast. My childhood memories of that time was Bulls everything. I had Jordan shoes, clothes, bulls gear like crazy and so on. I played basketball everyday outside and inside with my door mounted hoop set. It was a huge part of my life. I even saw Jordan play one time in person.

So being a preteen/teen through those years meant I was not very "worldly". In other words I didn't follow the nightly news or sports news, just watch the games and cheered on the team. I had no idea about all the drama between all the guys and the team administration. This is one of those "you shouldnt meet your heros" moments. Watching this documentary, makes me feel so different about those sweet memories I had of that time period.

Not a huge deal nowadays being that was 20+ years ago. But like I said above, this is like a bitter-sweet documentary learning all the dark sides of what being MJ and the bulls were during that awesome time - to be a fan at least.

Reactions: Sprayin

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Man i can't wait for all of the awesome back stories and humbled growth shown by the same team for all of Lebron's future documentaries

" So anyways I got together with my all-start buddies to create super teams and go between city to city and still couldn't muster close to MJ" The end.
I told the world we were going to win not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5. But failed to do so, lmmfao

PS- I also managed to destroy relationships, management, salary cap, etc etc

FOH, closest anything has ever been to the Bulls in the more modern era was the Spurs with basically home grown talent and a solid core team.

Jordan and that team came from the ground up since basically 84-85 and it was a similar supporting cast for the 2nd 3-peat just replacing a few pieces from the first.

LBJ most physically gifted and athletic guy to play the game? Yep, but I don't remember there being award for that?
Fixed, and agree with everything else

• Haha
Reactions: Chet Donnelly
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info