TV The Last Dance

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I haven't seen him as a bad guy either. I see his story as inspiring more than anything. I wish I had even half of his drive to do some of the things I do.

His drive is what made him the greatest. It's interesting to see the behind the scenes and how hard he worked outside of what we saw at game time.

I loved the part where they were interviewing his trainer about the playoff elimination in '95. Jordan said he would be in the gym the next morning to start conditioning for the next season. If fans are going to take 3 hours out of their day to watch him play, he wanted to show his absolute best.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Tonights episodes were great. It just blows my mind even more, now, seeing the level he was on and the motivation he had, and even more than that, how he wanted everyone else around him to be as close to his level as they could be...but not better.
I have said this before and will repeat it. That is the reason Scottie was so damn good and made it to the HOF. No way he does that if not partnered with Jordan. Jordan's drive, will and motivation rubbed off on Scottie and taught him to be the player he became. My favorite dunk of all time was the Pippen dunk on Ewing, then he told Spike Lee to shut the fuck up and sit down, lol.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Jordan's reaction to Gary Payton's interview was amazing lol.

FB_IMG_1589196459857.jpg

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Jordan's reaction to Gary Payton's interview was amazing lol.

View attachment 57464
That had me dying last night! Payton thinking they had a chance if he was on Jordan the entire series. Jordan almost falling out of his chair watching Paytons comments...LMAO!!!

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
And I love Jordans drive! Pushing everyone to their absolute best. If anything, it should teach the current generation that expects everything to be handed to them just because they want it, about dedication and hard work.
I'm only through ep 4 but it is awesome to see how dynamic and open to change Jordan was. When he started playing college ball he wasn't even *that* great of a player, but he worked his ass off and became the best. Then in the NBA he started off by basically doing everything on his own, then with jackson taking over learned to lean on and develop the people around him.

This is really a good example of how raw talent isn't the main ingredient to success. Work ethic, competitiveness, willingness to change, and ability to trust and develop others are all just as important as talent. Contrast MJ with someone like lebron who has crazy talent but lacks everything else Jordan had and it's pretty clear why Lebron will never have as many championships as Jordan

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
This show really brings it back for me. I think the 90's Bulls was the last time I actually followed sports. I remember all of this stuff like it was yesterday even being in grade school.

The only thing I don't like is how the series jumps around alot time wise.

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
I have said this before and will repeat it. That is the reason Scottie was so damn good and made it to the HOF. No way he does that if not partnered with Jordan. Jordan's drive, will and motivation rubbed off on Scottie and taught him to be the player he became. My favorite dunk of all time was the Pippen dunk on Ewing, then he told Spike Lee to shut the fuck up and sit down, lol.

I completely agree with this. Scottie became A very exciting player to watch while playing next to Jordan. Scottie was one of my favorite open floor dunkers, EXTREMELY aggressive as he grew confidence. His defense was actually fun to watch too.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I completely agree with this. Scottie became A very exciting player to watch while playing next to Jordan. Scottie was one of my favorite open floor dunkers, EXTREMELY aggressive as he grew confidence. His defense was actually fun to watch too.
I would have loved to see him guard Durant while both in their primes. I think that would be an awesome battle.

Reactions: Tight Lines
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info