The L.A.T.E. ride in Chicago (bike ride)

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
So it's all organized up with volunteers and donations? For what?

Seems to legit....I'll stick to critical mass.

Donations to pay for the Porta-Potties, Food/Water, Cleaning/prepping the staging area, security, shit like that.

Critical mass is a different kind of animal entirely (My dad attends every single one, and has for years), the naked ride is technically a peaceful protest. Its been geared toward anti oil/foreign fuel dependence, and that bicyclists feel 'naked' on the street with all the cars in the city. I don't really care much about the protest part of it, I just help my dad.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Clearly you haven't ridden any true off road. I'll leave it at that.

I've been offroading a few times. I was saying that it would be easier to avoid a rock or tree branch on Lake Shore Drive than it would be to avoid another unpredictable biker. That is why you must still wear a helmet.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I've been offroading a few times. I was saying that it would be easier to avoid a rock or tree branch on Lake Shore Drive than it would be to avoid another unpredictable biker. That is why you must still wear a helmet.

Not as easily done. There are decent climbs and descents where dan rides. Some trails are scary at palos...generally those are the closed one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info