Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Honda was still making the Fit??? I cant remember the last time I saw one.

Honda today announced its 2021 model year changes, which include the death of the Fit, the Civic Coupe, and the manual transmission option for the Accord.

It's a sad day, as all three were affordable options for enthusiasts who needed practical yet fun options. The Fit and Civic Coupe were also offered in manual, making this a tough blow for fans of Honda's slick shifters. It follows a greater trend in the market toward fewer manual transmissions and more of a focus on crossovers, trucks, and SUVs.

The Fit is particularly hard to see go, as it was a fun, light car that started at just $16,190. With the Ford Fiesta, Mazda 2, and Toyota Yaris preceding it in death, the options for a cheap subcompact car have rapidly dwindled. And for Honda fans, the entrance point to the company's new car lineup just ballooned. Both the Civic and the HR-V start at slightly over $20,000, which used to get you a well-optioned Fit.

The manual Honda Accord will also be missed, even if it wasn't a particularly popular option. Since the Mazda6 manual option died, too, there's not much left for enthusiasts who need a practical midsize car with a bit more engagement.

Luckily, the Civic sedan is still around and available with a manual. Since it comes in hatchback form, you can also get it with quite a bit of space. So while it's always sad to see another car get the axe, the Civic Coupe is one that's easier to accept. The Civic Si is also going out of production for 2021, but Honda says that's to set up tooling for the next-generation Civic. Don't worry, the company confirms there will be a next-gen Civic Si. Type R sales have also far exceeded expectations in the U.S., so here's to hoping the enthusiast-oriented Civics can stick around for a while.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Death of the Fit surprises me. Considering it makes an amazing city car that outclasses it's competition.

1595012238500.png

Honda Accord 2.0t (big brother to the civic type r) sport manual is on my short list for replacement right now.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
The g/f has one and absolutely loves it. It does punch pretty far above its weight and class when it comes to versatility. However the way she drives it she doesn't get anywhere near the rated fuel mileage. That combined with a 10.5 gal tank means you have to fill it pretty often.

Simple as pie to work on, oil changes take all of five minutes, swap headlight bulbs in 30 seconds... Interior takes a beating and keeps on going.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Death of the Fit surprises me. Considering it makes an amazing city car that outclasses it's competition.

View attachment 62796

Honda Accord 2.0t (big brother to the civic type r) sport manual is on my short list for replacement right now.

A little less than a year ago my buddy replaced his Chevy SS with a 2.0T manual Accord Sport, he loves it. It was on my list for awhile until he bought his...can't be a copy cat :rofl:

But it looks an awesome vehicle

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
The g/f has one and absolutely loves it. It does punch pretty far above its weight and class when it comes to versatility. However the way she drives it she doesn't get anywhere near the rated fuel mileage. That combined with a 10.5 gal tank means you have to fill it pretty often.

Simple as pie to work on, oil changes take all of five minutes, swap headlight bulbs in 30 seconds... Interior takes a beating and keeps on going.

They are also surprisingly roomy inside for being such a small car.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I still want a fit....for some reason. We were close back in the day but ended up with a civic because the price wasn’t much more for a quieter nicer ride.

Plus this exists and it’s amazing

Reactions: DanJ
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info