That was fun, a little rip to get the blood flowing

20200325_105220.jpg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Guy across the street has been out and back half-a-dozen times today on his road glide. Each time he comes back he pulls in the clutch and yanks on he throttle till he's banging on the limiter, popping the exhaust, multiple times. Just waiting for him to blow the motor. Fucking asshole. Gives a lot of other riders a bad name, just guilt by association.

Just no need for it.

I like bikes, I've been riding for 25 years, never have I been an asshole like that.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Guy across the street has been out and back half-a-dozen times today on his road glide. Each time he comes back he pulls in the clutch and yanks on he throttle till he's banging on the limiter, popping the exhaust, multiple times. Just waiting for him to blow the motor. Fucking asshole. Gives a lot of other riders a bad name, just guilt by association.

Just no need for it.

I like bikes, I've been riding for 25 years, never have I been an asshole like that.

Man, I wish you were my neighbor..

, if I'm jacking my shit up it's in gear and I'm rolling

Hahaha

20200325_173329.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 1MEANGT

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
It’s entirely deliberate. He needs the attention. Every neighbor is pissed at him for those actions. People have tried to approach him but he gets confrontational, almost to the point of violence. He really needs help.

His wife rides, has the same model bike, but stock pipes. She rides with discretion. Polar opposites. She does get a little heavy on the throttle going up their driveway, but only because they were taught poorly. High revs and feather the clutch for a 3° incline, smh.

Just waiting for the day they do that and their fingers slip off the clutch. They’re gonna slam into their cars and garage. Shit, they do it in traffic and might slam into the vehicle in front of them. It’s a really bad practice. Only gain from that is for the dealer when they burn up their clutches :LOL:

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I've got a 21 year old metric bike. Other than new fluids for the season it just needs some new tires and it's ready to go. Trying to find a place to do the tubes/tires that are dependable that won't be charging two hours of book time for a 30 minute job.

My shoulder on the other hand, that has to get much better before I can go long distance, or I need a very large bottle of Lortab to be my rear passenger.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I'll see if I can dig up the directions we used for the "Loop the Soup" trip. It pretty much avoided highways and took the scenic route. We got some unpredicted bad weather on the North/Northeast/East side of the lake, which was basically 2 1/2 days of 60° and rain. Halfway through the UP we said fuck it, head home and came down through Port Washington. Then the sun came out. Averaged a good 300-350 miles a day, with no twilight or night riding.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
F
I'll see if I can dig up the directions we used for the "Loop the Soup" trip. It pretty much avoided highways and took the scenic route. We got some unpredicted bad weather on the North/Northeast/East side of the lake, which was basically 2 1/2 days of 60° and rain. Halfway through the UP we said fuck it, head home and came down through Port Washington. Then the sun came out. Averaged a good 300-350 miles a day, with no twilight or night riding.
Found it... From August 2014.

Attachments

• loop the soop final.pdf
    101.3 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: 1MEANGT

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I am on the fence about that. On one hand, you're out there by yourself, with the exception of maybe having to stop for gas, which can be taken care of with gloves. On the other I can see them not wanting you out possibly spreading or collecting the virus. Personally I'd really like to get some seat time just to get some fresh air through my lungs since I been in the house for more than two weeks. Also to give the bike a shakedown to see if anything needs to be addressed before the riding season is able to start.

Reactions: Spivitz

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
I am on the fence about that. On one hand, you're out there by yourself, with the exception of maybe having to stop for gas, which can be taken care of with gloves. On the other I can see them not wanting you out possibly spreading or collecting the virus. Personally I'd really like to get some seat time just to get some fresh air through my lungs since I been in the house for more than two weeks. Also to give the bike a shakedown to see if anything needs to be addressed before the riding season is able to start.

I've been out riding a few times the past 2 weeks. NFG, I am not around anyone and carry rubber gloves with me in case I need to stop for gas. I feel the cops won't mess with you unless in a big group (+10) or all hanging out in close quarters somewhere. Just practice good social distance. I need to get out and ride or I will go nuts being cooped up in the house.

Thread Info