🏍️ The Motorcycle Thread

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
I think my biggest issue with Indian (and yes, I swing HD), despite Polaris owning them, is dealer network and parts (both OEM and aftermarket) availability.

It was nice when Indian of Chicago was right in South Elgin. it was just around the corner, but they closed, the next two nearest are Elmhurst and Libertyville IIRC.

One of the reasons why Harley's have the following they do is because HD has a vast dealer network, ease of parts (OEM and aftermarket), as every bike maker makes shit for them, and HD themselves openly welcomes the ownership customization experience and culture, even having their own hot rod shops within dealerships.

When I owned mine, it was one of the best dealership experiences I've had. I bought my bike from Woodstock HD and they were constantly throwing "chrome cash", motorclothes allowances and other shit at me. They always came and got my bike and returned it for any service and/or winter storage (which then they would throw more "chrome cash", "engine upgrade options, etc, if I stored with them). When I did get stranded once when the throttle cable broke, they came and got the bike and fixed it at no charge to me (even though I was out of warranty). When I inquired, they said, "yea, don't worry about it, HD took care of it..."

I'm a big Polaris nutswinger too. So I want to see them succeed, but you gotta have more than two dealerships in a large metro area like Chicago.

THIS RIGHT HERE

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Glorious Day

20190504_100619.jpeg

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
If I'm buying a roadcouch, bagger I have to say I'm buying a new Goldwing. I can't believe how much cooler they look now. I mean they still make the glitter red and geriatric 2 tone bikes but the blacked out and matte finishes look really cool and tech wise it's light years ahead of any HD.

2018-Honda-Gold-Wing-Review-Touring-Motorcycle-6.jpg

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
If I'm buying a roadcouch, bagger I have to say I'm buying a new Goldwing. I can't believe how much cooler they look now. I mean they still make the glitter red and geriatric 2 tone bikes but the blacked out and matte finishes look really cool and tech wise it's light years ahead of any HD.

what bike isnt light years ahead of HD. :rofl: :hsughlol:

those new goldwings are slick. wood :nutz:

Thread Info