🏍️ The Motorcycle Thread

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Not sure, you should buy a scooter..... We can ride

:jg:

Head first in to a brick wall with no helmet on while riding my GSXR 750 about 14 years ago. Wifey said if I ever got another bike her and the kids were leaving. So I never got another bike, lol. I have road friends bikes here and there and I do get the itch every spring. But I'm a 100% asshole on a bike and would kill myself.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Head first in to a brick wall with no helmet on while riding my GSXR 750 about 14 years ago. Wifey said if I ever got another bike her and the kids were leaving. So I never got another bike, lol. I have road friends bikes here and there and I do get the itch every spring. But I'm a 100% asshole on a bike and would kill myself.

Its hard not to be an asshole on a Rocket.

Every time I rode the 929RR I went 150+mph.
The slow ride is better for Me.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Oooo, I like

Screenshot_20190321-181942_Messages.jpeg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
A new set of priorities
The hardest problem for Harley-Davidson is generational. The brand has always been a status symbol for riders, and it could charge a premium for motorcycles as a result. But millennials don't value the motorcycle status symbol and are moving toward areas where motorcycles make little sense. Country bars where motorcycles were prevalent have been replaced by urban hotspots where Uber and Lyft drivers drop off riders who may not own their own vehicles at all.

Harley-Davidson is trying to adapt by developing electric motorcycles that may attract young riders. Its LiveWire model is an attempt at an all-electric motorcycle that's gotten a lukewarm response from the market. In an attempt to build an even younger rider base, Harley-Davidson bought StaCyc, maker of electric scooters for kids. But it remains unclear whether a new generation of electric motorcycle riders is really going to like what the Harley-Davidson brand stands for.

ehhhhh not entirely.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
2019 should be a perfect environment for Harley-Davidson
Even more concerning for Harley-Davidson long-term is that 2019 should be perfect conditions for increasing sales and profits. The global economy continues to grow slowly but surely, and the U.S. market is effectively at full employment, pushing wages higher. That should lead to strong demand for a discretionary product like Harley's motorcycles. But it hasn't, and it reveals a huge problem for the company long-term.

this is cause for concern for sure.

boat sales, rv sales, off road powersports sales, all up. people have money and space currently for luxury gas guzzling items. and yet harley is still slipping :rofl:

Frank Dukes

TCG Elite Member
May 5, 2009
Rockfordia
I mean there's so many reasons for this.

First off, for example, a 2019 road king looks the EXACT FUCKING SAME as one from 20 years ago :rofl:

6000000004.jpg

19-touring-road-king-hero.jpg
Very true. Im a millennial harley guy. I bought a street glide 8 years ago. The new ones make no difference to me. My 09 is not going anywhere. My father in laws friends who are in there 50s and 60s are trading up to new ones and even they can't really tell me why other than its new.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Very true. Im a millennial harley guy. I bought a street glide 8 years ago. The new ones make no difference to me. My 09 is not going anywhere. My father in laws friends who are in there 50s and 60s are trading up to new ones and even they can't really tell me why other than its new.

my bosses in similar age groups aren't trading up because they have SO FUCKING MUCH money tied up in their early 2000's they aren't ready to just bend over and take it for something "not that much better"

bored stroked herpa derpa stereos rimz blah etc.... they'll take a bath on selling these things that have less than 10k miles on them

THe other part, past looks, is i think people could get past the looks and appreciate them more if they were mechanically significantly better.

a porsche from 1999 looks similar enough to one from 2019 so the casual car gawker can see more than a resemblance... but mechanically and technologically the car has gotten SO much better that the new ones "make sense"

Thread Info