The Harley Davidson thread

OP
Spivitz

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Cool whip, crisp air... I whacked the throttle and broke the tire loose, made me smile

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Reaction score
Planning on taking the Fat Bob out for a rip after work today. Just installed a Dougz mini spartan faring. Should get the wind off of my chest so I don't feel like a parachute at 70 mph.

SpeedSpeak2me

Reaction score
Guy across the street has been out and back half-a-dozen times today on his road glide. Each time he comes back he pulls in the clutch and yanks on he throttle till he's banging on the limiter, popping the exhaust, multiple times. Just waiting for him to blow the motor. Fucking asshole. Gives a lot of other riders a bad name, just guilt by association.

Just no need for it.

I like bikes, I've been riding for 25 years, never have I been an asshole like that.

OP
Spivitz

Spivitz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Guy across the street has been out and back half-a-dozen times today on his road glide. Each time he comes back he pulls in the clutch and yanks on he throttle till he's banging on the limiter, popping the exhaust, multiple times. Just waiting for him to blow the motor. Fucking asshole. Gives a lot of other riders a bad name, just guilt by association.

Just no need for it.

I like bikes, I've been riding for 25 years, never have I been an asshole like that.

Man, I wish you were my neighbor..

, if I'm jacking my shit up it's in gear and I'm rolling

Hahaha

20200325_173329.jpg

SpeedSpeak2me

Reaction score
It’s entirely deliberate. He needs the attention. Every neighbor is pissed at him for those actions. People have tried to approach him but he gets confrontational, almost to the point of violence. He really needs help.

His wife rides, has the same model bike, but stock pipes. She rides with discretion. Polar opposites. She does get a little heavy on the throttle going up their driveway, but only because they were taught poorly. High revs and feather the clutch for a 3° incline, smh.

Just waiting for the day they do that and their fingers slip off the clutch. They’re gonna slam into their cars and garage. Shit, they do it in traffic and might slam into the vehicle in front of them. It’s a really bad practice. Only gain from that is for the dealer when they burn up their clutches :LOL:

SpeedSpeak2me

Reaction score
Talk about eating shit.. His face slammed into the bars, fuuuuuuuuuuck. Surprised he didn't break his neck or some vertebrae.

OP
Spivitz

Spivitz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Looks real Sweeeet Man! Almost sounds as good as the Aprilia ( that thing is sick 👍)

OP
Spivitz

Spivitz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Lake of the Clouds, would be fun especially if my shit box doesn't break

SpeedSpeak2me

Reaction score
I've got a 21 year old metric bike. Other than new fluids for the season it just needs some new tires and it's ready to go. Trying to find a place to do the tubes/tires that are dependable that won't be charging two hours of book time for a 30 minute job.

My shoulder on the other hand, that has to get much better before I can go long distance, or I need a very large bottle of Lortab to be my rear passenger.

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Reaction score
I've been trying to talk my friend in doing another Lake trip. We did one around Lake Superior a few years ago.
I did a trip around Lake Michigan with my dad a few years ago. Was fun except it poured rain 2 out of the 3 days of riding.

SpeedSpeak2me

Reaction score
I'll see if I can dig up the directions we used for the "Loop the Soup" trip. It pretty much avoided highways and took the scenic route. We got some unpredicted bad weather on the North/Northeast/East side of the lake, which was basically 2 1/2 days of 60° and rain. Halfway through the UP we said fuck it, head home and came down through Port Washington. Then the sun came out. Averaged a good 300-350 miles a day, with no twilight or night riding.

SpeedSpeak2me

Reaction score
F
I'll see if I can dig up the directions we used for the "Loop the Soup" trip. It pretty much avoided highways and took the scenic route. We got some unpredicted bad weather on the North/Northeast/East side of the lake, which was basically 2 1/2 days of 60° and rain. Halfway through the UP we said fuck it, head home and came down through Port Washington. Then the sun came out. Averaged a good 300-350 miles a day, with no twilight or night riding.
Found it... From August 2014.

Attachments

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom