3800 THE GTP BROKEEEEEE!!!!

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
I went over to a friends house tonight to work on his car...help him out. then today I was going to come down to syp'd house. I wont be able to make it SYP....sorry!!! I am!!!

I was reversing out of his driveway...came to a complete stop......the car has been sitting for over 3 hours...very cold. I was babying it!!!! I then proceeded to put it in drive after the complete stop. then It goes about 15ft and I just see my RPM's sky rocket and bounce of the limiter. I IMMEdiately shut off the car. Turned it back on...put it in D, same thing. I turned it off looked under the car..no drips, nuthin. I got back in put it in 1st...rev limiter, 2nd ..limiter.....3rd limiter. I just said fuck it. I revved it up to 5g...and let it sit. 30sec later it pops into gear and I am off. I ask my friend to follow me home I dont know how long it will last. go down 20 with cruise on...so it wouldnt let off the gas. I get onto Alpine..role through the light, ansd give it gass.....rev limiterr. I know the Torque converter blew. I have to rev it to get fluid into it.

all the way down Alpine. rev it to 5 and soon it will pop into gears. All the way down to my house...and do the exhaust leak..my exhaust very loud at 5g. I pushed it up the driveway....and put it in park. Does anyone else think it is the Torque converter....once it is in gears...it shifts fine......just when I slow donw...nutn happens.

car only has 24 thou on it....what else could it be??

Syp, I am sorry, I had everything in my car to come down tomarrow. I will have to come down when my car is working. sorry right now I am without a car.

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
well B&C transmissions isnt open today. But a lil more info that I found out about them. If you have the last GM hightech performance magazine.....they are the ones that built that Type T's tranny!!!! Iwas amazed!!!!! they built my bros tranny and it puts you in the seat every shift!!! now its my turn. they should have it done by this weekend

I

imported_Theautoguy

B & C is awsome, Bob is a young old school Drag Racer and Cal is all over Porsche and other european sports cars. One of Bobs many cars is a 68' Camaro that runs low 8's on street slicks and mufflers! Their bread and butter is daily driver's but their passion is performance.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• GTPPWR
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list