Niche score of 2,363
Destroyer Rage GIF by A1 eSports

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I disagree that toppings can mask a bad pizza. If the crust and sauce is bad, toppings aren't making it better and usually the toppings are as bad as the base.

In Chicago, we put sausage on pizza. A sausage pizza is the standard here. It doesn't mean I don't like pizza. Adding meat compliments the cheese, sauce, and crust. It doesn't mask anything or cover up a bad pizza.

I like just cheese these days. Mostly to spare me the heartburn.
I can relate to this. If we get pizza at work, usually from Lou's, I'll eat a slice or two of veggie. Not that I don't want sausage, but it saves me an afternoon of sitting at my desk with heartburn and feeling like I have a brick in my stomach.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I disagree that toppings can mask a bad pizza. If the crust and sauce is bad, toppings aren't making it better and usually the toppings are as bad as the base.

In Chicago, we put sausage on pizza. A sausage pizza is the standard here. It doesn't mean I don't like pizza. Adding meat compliments the cheese, sauce, and crust. It doesn't mask anything or cover up a bad pizza.

I can relate to this. If we get pizza at work, usually from Lou's, I'll eat a slice of two of veggie. Not that I don't want sausage, but it saves me an afternoon of sitting at my desk with heartburn and feeling like I have a brick in my stomach.
On the flip side, bad toppings can ruin a good pizza too. I like sausage on pizza, but it's very hard to get right, especially the farther out of Chicago you get.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
On the flip side, bad toppings can ruin a good pizza too. I like sausage on pizza, but it's very hard to get right, especially the farther out of Chicago you get.
Agree. Outside of Chicago, they don't know how to do sausage for pizza.

If I'm in the north east eating New York style pizza, I go with pepperoni because I know sausage will be a disappointment.

Reactions: Pro Stock John

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Yea, and for the record, I like sausage too. Usually when I get a slice at lunch over at Generoso here in Glendale Heights, I get the sausage.

I also liked one we made at the pizza place I worked at, BBQ sauce, pepperoni, and bacon. I never thought I would. But the zestiness of the pepperoni was offset by the sweetness of the BBQ sauce and the bacon added even more flavor.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Agree. Outside of Chicago, they don't know how to do sausage for pizza.

If I'm in the north east eating New York style pizza, I go with pepperoni because I know sausage will be a disappointment.
Not all pepperoni is created equal either. It's mostly okay on New York style, but can turn that into a floppy greasy mess fast.

A lot of people like the thicker sliced stuff the cups when you bake it and retains the grease inside the cup. Not a fan of that myself.

I find that I like pepperoni the best when the crust is a little thicker and/or if it's placed under the cheese instead of over.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
This is an average thread derail by Jason. Been doing it for years. I had time yesterday/this morning.
I’m talking about pizza. You’re in the vast minority and enjoy your pizza like the under 12 crowd.

I’ll ask you this, if pizza is not about the toppings then why does every pizza place that I’ve ever been to offer a plethora of toppings? Maybe you should start a “cheese only” pizza franchise for all the millions of people that don’t like toppings. Your position is asinine and to call yourself a connoisseur is laughable.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I’m talking about pizza. You’re in the vast minority and enjoy your pizza like the under 12 crowd.

I’ll ask you this, if pizza is not about the toppings then why does every pizza place that I’ve ever been to offer a plethora of toppings? Maybe you should start a “cheese only” pizza franchise for all the millions of people that don’t like toppings. Your position is asinine and to call yourself a connoisseur is laughable.
Oh hey, I've doubled in age overnight, now I'm 12.

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary

GIF by Girls on HBO

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Some weird folks in this thread that will passionately argue over this stuff.

I can eat anything on a pizza and enjoy it. Plain cheese, sausage, pepperoni, bacon, ham, green pepper, green olives, onions, black olives, basil, mushrooms, jalapenos, giardiniera, etc. Couldn't give a flying fuck what anyone else likes on their pizza. My go to is usually just sausage or sausage and green pepper. Also like to go bacon and jalapenos every once in a while. I do plain cheese on Friday's during Lent...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Some weird folks in this thread that will passionately argue over this stuff.

I can eat anything on a pizza and enjoy it. Plain cheese, sausage, pepperoni, bacon, ham, green pepper, green olives, onions, black olives, basil, mushrooms, jalapenos, giardiniera, etc. Couldn't give a flying fuck what anyone else likes on their pizza. My go to is usually just sausage or sausage and green pepper. Also like to go bacon and jalapenos every once in a while. I do plain cheese on Friday's during Lent...

FUCK YOU SLUT

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
Yea, and for the record, I like sausage too. Usually when I get a slice at lunch over at Generoso here in Glendale Heights, I get the sausage.

I also liked one we made at the pizza place I worked at, BBQ sauce, pepperoni, and bacon. I never thought I would. But the zestiness of the pepperoni was offset by the sweetness of the BBQ sauce and the bacon added even more flavor.
Generoso sausage sucks :io:

I should edit this and say that their slices are legit - just not a fan of their (or most, now that i think about it) sausage.

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI

Who hurt you

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I've gone through tons of different kinds of italian sausage looking for a good one to make pizza with. So far it's been a mixed bag. It does add variety though.
Not all pepperoni is created equal either. It's mostly okay on New York style, but can turn that into a floppy greasy mess fast.

A lot of people like the thicker sliced stuff the cups when you bake it and retains the grease inside the cup. Not a fan of that myself.

I find that I like pepperoni the best when the crust is a little thicker and/or if it's placed under the cheese instead of over.
I want that shit think and crispy when I eat it. A lot like I want ham if I put that on. I tend to pre-cook the ham and the pineapple to get the juice out of it so it crispies up when I do a pizza with it.
Thank goodness I use tidbits on mine typically. I'll do ham or sausage with it as well. Not as weird as the fuckers who put broccoli on their pizas. wth.

I do plain cheese on Friday's during Lent...
Yeah do that too. I look forward to getting back to sausage or ham and pineapple.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info