jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
What? That might be the worst analogy I've ever heard.
You’re in the minority. The vast majority of pizzas are sold with toppings. I was at a Neapolitan pizza place here in Charlotte with a large group and no one ordered just a plain cheese. Like I said, that’s a kids order and the majority of adults choose toppings. Not knocking a plain cheese, but it’s about as boring as it gets.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
You’re in the minority. The vast majority of pizzas are sold with toppings. I was at a Neapolitan pizza place here in Charlotte with a large group and no one ordered just a plain cheese. Like I said, that’s a kids order and the majority of adults choose toppings. Not knocking a plain cheese, but it’s about as boring as it gets.
Yes, a lot of people order with toppings. I stand by my statement. They don't like pizza. They load it with garbage because they want to taste the garbage and not the pizza.

Reactions: Teege24

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Yes, a lot of people order with toppings. I stand by my statement. They don't like pizza. They load it with garbage because they want to taste the garbage and not the pizza.
Correction: You have a child’s palette and don’t like toppings. To say that people that add toppings don’t like pizza is asinine.

• Haha
Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Correction: You have a child’s palette and don’t like toppings. To say that people that add toppings don’t like pizza is asinine.
1. I absolutely have a child's palette and don't give a flying fuck. Your judgment is meaningless 2. I eat pizza with toppings on it plenty of times. But I do it when it's shit pizza that needs it. 3. They. Don't. Like. Pizza. If. It. Needs. Toppings.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
1. I absolutely have a child's palette and don't give a flying fuck. Your judgment is meaningless 2. I eat pizza with toppings on it plenty of times. But I do it when it's shit pizza that needs it. 3. They. Don't. Like. Pizza. If. It. Needs. Toppings.
You’re clearly not a foodie since my pasta analogy went way over your head. The sauce (or gravy if you’re Italian) in a pasta dish is an ingredient (ie topping) and differentiates it.

Thanks for acknowledging you have a child’s palate. Your judgement is meaningless as well and you’re missing out on a lot of great pizzas by limiting yourself to cheese, but hey the vast majority “they. Don’t. Like. Pizza”. Frankly that’s one of the silliest positions I’ve read in a long time.

You going to also chastise people that add parm or hot pepper flakes too?

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
If you don't like toppings you don't like pizza?

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Idk man, I fucking LOVE pizza and could eat it every day of my life. But as mentioned, cheese pizza is boring AF. I’ll eat a piece or 2 but I need toppings and no not because it’s a shitty pizza. People’s opinions on good or bad food is very subjective to said person. I love certain places and others say it sucks. Who the fuck says yours or my opinion is the Bible.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
would you make the same argument for a plain burger?

a shit burger with all sorts of toppings can cover up for a patty being sub-par, but no one's epitome of a burger is going to be a naked patty and bun...

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
You’re clearly not a foodie since my pasta analogy went way over your head. The sauce (or gravy if you’re Italian) in a pasta dish is an ingredient (ie topping) and differentiates it.

Thanks for acknowledging you have a child’s palate. Your judgement is meaningless as well and you’re missing out on a lot of great pizzas by limiting yourself to cheese, but hey the vast majority “they. Don’t. Like. Pizza”. Frankly that’s one of the silliest positions I’ve read in a long time.

You going to also chastise people that add parm or hot pepper flakes too?
No, I'm not a foodie by any stretch. I am a pizza connoisseur though. I know that reading is something you routinely struggle with, so I'll state it again. I get toppings on pizza all the time. When I do, it's because the pizza needs it.
Idk man, I fucking LOVE pizza and could eat it every day of my life. But as mentioned, cheese pizza is boring AF. I’ll eat a piece or 2 but I need toppings and no not because it’s a shitty pizza. People’s opinions on good or bad food is very subjective to said person. I love certain places and others say it sucks. Who the fuck says yours or my opinion is the Bible.
Another analogy would be that it's kind of like the people that need a gallon of sauce with each chicken wing. You don't really like wings, you're just using it as a vessel to shovel sauce. You like toppings. Nothing wrong with that, but it's not about the pizza then.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI

a shit burger with all sorts of toppings can cover up for a patty being sub-par, but no one's epitome of a burger is going to be a naked patty and bun...
You could make that argument. How many people do you know that shutter at the idea of putting sauce or anything else on a steak?

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
No, I'm not a foodie by any stretch. I am a pizza connoisseur though. I know that reading is something you routinely struggle with, so I'll state it again. I get toppings on pizza all the time. When I do, it's because the pizza needs it.

Another analogy would be that it's kind of like the people that need a gallon of sauce with each chicken wing. You don't really like wings, you're just using it as a vessel to shovel sauce. You like toppings. Nothing wrong with that, but it's not about the pizza then.
Pizza connoisseur lol. You post pics of half eaten Cheese pizzas. I guess that makes you an expert in some circles.

All pizzas NEED toppings. Cheese is a topping. But hey you’re a “connoisseur” and I struggle with reading.

Like I stated before, cheese is typically a kids pizza. I enjoy it too, but I also will order additional pizzas with adult toppings because cheese gets really boring fast.

And your wing analogy proves you’re not a foodie. The sauce or dry rub is a very critical component to a wing.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

What makes you a pizza connoisseur, and what makes your OPINION better than mine or anyone else for that matter?
I like thin crust and a sweeter sauce, you may not like that and you will probably say thats pure shit and not pizza, what makes you the expert that can say that? You could say IN YOUR OPINION its not good, but to sit here and crown yourself the pizza expert is fucking hilarious.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Agree To Disagree Ryan Gosling GIF by The Academy Awards

the essence of the burger must be cooked properly. i don't care how many eggs, french fries, avocados, grilled onions get tossed on top.

Reactions: CMNTMXR57
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info