Amazon The Grand Tour

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
I had just started watching the newer UK Top Gear earlier in the week. It was season 24 or 25 I think with Matt Leblanc, Chris Harris, and Rory Reid. I like Harris on his own, but man everything is so much more forced. Going from that into this special is a HUGE reminder of how great the original 3 are together. Sure some of it is scripted and edited a certain way, but it rarely feels like it.

I was pretty shocked that May made it at the end, and I am almost positive that Hammond did cry along with pissing himself. That whole section was fucking crazy!

Sean

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I had just started watching the newer UK Top Gear earlier in the week. It was season 24 or 25 I think with Matt Leblanc, Chris Harris, and Rory Reid. I like Harris on his own, but man everything is so much more forced. Going from that into this special is a HUGE reminder of how great the original 3 are together. Sure some of it is scripted and edited a certain way, but it rarely feels like it.

I was pretty shocked that May made it at the end, and I am almost positive that Hammond did cry along with pissing himself. That whole section was fucking crazy!

Sean
There are some episodes of season 26 (before LeBlanc left) that are decent, like the one where LeBlanc and Harris have to share a car (Bentley Continental GT) to do a review of it. I think it was episode 200, where they start on top of a mountain in the snow. The horseplay and banter between them was funny. Just wait until Harris ends up in the back seat.

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
There are some episodes of season 26 (before LeBlanc left) that are decent, like the one where LeBlanc and Harris have to share a car (Bentley Continental GT) to do a review of it. I think it was episode 200, where they start on top of a mountain in the snow. The horseplay and banter between them was funny. Just wait until Harris ends up in the back seat.

It isn't terrible, not like Chirs Evans... Just not as good. I could see that group getting pretty good given some time. Rory was the weak link for sure, Chris and Matt seem to get along pretty good and it comes across. Its all for nothing now that Matt and Rory are gone now though. I'll still watch em all anyway :)

Sean

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I really didnt mind the Matt/Chris/Rory trio. But these new northern knobs they've installed, ugh its tough. When you're speaking english, but they still need to put up subtitles so people know what you're saying, you probably shouldn't be hosting a television show where it's your job to talk.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I really didnt mind the Matt/Chris/Rory trio. But these new northern knobs they've installed, ugh its tough. When you're speaking english, but they still need to put up subtitles so people know what you're saying, you probably shouldn't be hosting a television show where it's your job to talk.

This x100000000 with the new people. Why did they do that? :rofl:

Reactions: RICH17

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
FYI no idea if it’s a glitch or error but I’m watching the new episode now it’s live.

Check it out photo for proof in case this is a glitch

image-2020-12-16-19:33:12-592.jpg

Thread Info