Amazon The Grand Tour

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Clarkson, Hammond, and May Quit Studio Television After Nearly Two Decades Together - The Drive

"It's the end of an era," in the words of Jeremy Clarkson, who nearly broke down in tears while filming the most recent edition of the hit Amazon series The Grand Tour.

While fans of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and James May—as well as their associated vehicular antics—have at least another couple of years of specials to look forward to, it's the end of the road for studio-based shows.

With their families in the audience, a hush fell as Clarkson stepped onto the stage, announcing that the gig is up, at least in the format we've known for 17 years.

Clarkson, 58, announced that it was the end of an era. "There are only so many times you can watch a BMW go round the track—what more can you say? It’s got four wheels and a seat," he said in his typical irreverent manner. “We all agreed that we’ve been doing it a long time and everything eventually runs its course. Besides, I’m 58 and I’m too fat to be climbing on to the stage.”

As tears welled up on and offstage, a fan interviewed by the UK's Sun newspaper said that the crew then played a montage of the trio's best bits, going all the way back to their Top Gear days.

While the final studio series will be released on Amazon Prime next month, Clarkson, Hammond, and May have signed a two-year deal for at least four specials a year. Despite leaving the studio format behind, there's still plenty of gas left in the tank, it seems.

Still trying to find out who these "wise men" are.
05d78780c3158ed55b95024fea9327b2.jpg

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
The last few episodes have been great, I was :rofl: when Jeremy screwed up the garden. The most recent one had a really good throwback. I've never heard of him, but he was a beast. I'm glad I watched it and learned about his legacy.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Hammonds horse rant :bowrofl: Christ.

Well, when you spend all that money on maintaining a horse, and probably rank behind the horse and household pets as well, you would hate it too. lol

Hammond is known for owning a large number of animals on Bollitree farm including several horses, dogs, cats, chickens, ducks, sheep, and a peacock

Sounds like he has quite the zoo going on. lol

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Hammonds horse rant :bowrofl: Christ. Also the snow track in sweden :rofl: But yeah, that Jim Clark tribute was fantastic. He really was the greatest. Some of those stories they told about what he had to do to win races when the car was failing him. So great.

Jim Clark piece was perhaps one of the most thoughtful bits they’ve ever produced. Really fantastic.

Thread Info