Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Is that a complaint about Byron or just drag racing in general? Byron is way quicker than GLD or 66.
I havent been to byron in awhile but the last 2-3 times was basically standing around pulling my tiny pud for 4 hours while they let the same lane run over and over.

Rarely have that issue at GLD, unless some wanker pisses fluid all down the track.

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
I could only see that if you went to some big event weekend. Nearly every time I'm there, they move through the cars like clockwork. GLD track personnel were a bunch of asses - told them I wasn't coming back 10+ years ago and I've held to it.

I'm sure everyone's had a bad track experience at one place or another. Byron treats you like they appreciate you being there.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Cozzi Corner in Downers Grove. It’s where CMC has their opener. It’s an old cruise spot. Lots of space. Conveniently located near I-355 and I-55. There are some roads south of there if shenanigans are needed. They do have a cruise night there but can’t remember the night.

Besides the location, that place sucks. CMC won't go back there. Long story short, we got nothing but whining and complaining from the business and neighboring business despite us being loyal and bringing in a ton of people every spring and fall for our opener and closer shows, year after year. There are some other reasons too, but I will just leave it at that.

• Wow
Reactions: GLADIATOR

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Besides the location, that place sucks. CMC won't go back there. Long story short, we got nothing but whining and complaining from the business and neighboring business despite us being loyal and bringing in a ton of people every spring and fall for our opener and closer shows, year after year. There are some other reasons too, but I will just leave it at that.

I'm guessing there's more to the story ie people doing burnouts/driving fast, blocking parking for customers or something stupid. The parking lot on a nice Tuesday night is pretty jammed packed and Cozzi Corner sponsors it. I've probably been to a dozen of those shows over the last few years and never saw an issue.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I'm guessing there's more to the story ie people doing burnouts/driving fast, blocking parking for customers or something stupid. The parking lot on a nice Tuesday night is pretty jammed packed and Cozzi Corner sponsors it. I've probably been to a dozen of those shows over the last few years and never saw an issue.

No there isn't any more to the story. I know it's hard to believe that a group of Mustang owners can behave themselves.

During our last show there, the owner of the wine shop came out multiple times yelling at people simply because their cars were loud. The owner of Cozzi Corner then came out yelling at us and did nothing to calm her down or defend our event. There were no burnouts, no near misses, or anything close to an incident. Just cars with deep, low rumbling exhaust coming in and out of the parking lot. Our shows there have all been pretty tame. Along with that, we've never gotten a simple thank you from Cozzi Corner. The owner acts like we are an inconvenience to her business, despite there being a line of customers out the door for 3+ hours during the show.

The Tuesday night cruise night DJ also made an appearance and did nothing but follow CMC staff around bitching and moaning because our club didn't hire him to work during our show. Myself and another CMC staff member also overheard this guy spout off a blatant racist remark about one of our show participants. After that, I won't give that place any business.

I don't want to hijack or derail this thread. If anything, support White Castle or one of the other restaurants there. The Mexican place behind Pure Hockey has good food too!

• Wow
Reactions: GLADIATOR

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
What about the bona beef In Hoffman right off of Higgins? Haven’t been in that area for a while so not sure what else is there but that lot is/was huge

We have done a few meets at that location before with good turnouts. I personally like that location.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I 2nd the Broken Oar and Epic.

There's a little bar and grill called Casey's Cabin right at the boarder that has a huge lot (gravel but don't be a bitch). Also McMiller's Sports in Eagle Wi is a cool drive and an awesome gun range. That would be a cool day. Lastly Gus' Dive In in East Troy Wi does a lot of car stuff. Port of Blarney, More Brewing or Sew Hopped in Huntley.

Reactions: Mook and 1MEANGT

Thread Info