The Ford Ranger is back in America

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
price a diesel pick up. $70k easily. now look at a calender. its 2019.

this isnt 1998 where a new truck was $17k. you also dont make $13/hr like you may have in 1998. gas doesnt cost $1.29/gal like it did in 1998. its 2019

Gas is only 70 cents more....

some people do make 13/hr still..

technology and manufacturing has gotten better AND cheaper....yet prices go up?

K

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
honestly for what you get in "mid size pickup land" for 40k, they are absolutely 100% overpriced as fuck.

any 40k car is going to have so much more tech/features.

boil it down, pickup trucks make the manufacturers crazy money.

they are priced the way they are, not because it costs a crazy amount to make them, but because people are happy enough to spend the money.

also. diesel pickup trucks are available plenty nice for under 70k.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
When we shopped i found the Tacoma to be a bit too cozy for my lanky ass self (6'6") and the Ridgeline just didn't look right for the newest generation, I prefer the nose from the first gen. Frontier was too old... Ram and Ford had nothing to offer and Im glad we didn't wait. Colorado was the right pick for us. Oh and the Canyon was too blingy, I'm not into the chrome that much.... Every time I see Canyon taillights I am happy we bought the Chevy.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
price a diesel pick up. $70k easily. now look at a calender. its 2019.

this isnt 1998 where a new truck was $17k. you also dont make $13/hr like you may have in 1998. gas doesnt cost $1.29/gal like it did in 1998. its 2019

Just because the market is set high doesn’t mean folks should accept it.

I say don’t make the purchase and wait for the “new shiny toy” to begin to tarnish. Then buy.

Didnt Chevy / Dodge just run a $10k - $12k discount on Silverado / Ram last month? Isn’t Ford trying to unload the remaining Focus, Fusion, Taurus.

Some of this new truck / SUV pricing is just as criminal as Univeristy tuition / housing pricing.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Yeah but some of these trucks do have a lot of negotiating room in their prices though. It's not like FS are the only trucks to get good discounts (granted the FS discounts are on another level). Not sure about the Ranger right now since it's new, but I'd imagine it'll be the same as the twins after a bit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info