YouTube The Ford GT is the king of Car & Driver's VIR lightning lap

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I thought I saw one of these new GT's sell for 2.5 million already. That's a pretty quick return on a measly 400k investment...

Let's see that shitty Camaro do that

I believe that was by Ford for charity. That is why it went that high.

And owners of a Ford GT can't sell their GT unless they want to be sued by Ford for breaking their contract.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
pup002-pup-pure-planet-just-barley-80g_1.jpg

#POTD

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Folks are hung up on lap times on different days and drivers. For example, the ACR ran 2:40.02 with Dodge's hot shoe at the helm vs. C&D's 2:44.2 during the Lightning Lap.

I was recently reading up on the ZL1 1LE and this struck me a pretty amazing to show the difference in driver skill.

"Allow me to leave you with one final story. Chevy launched the ZL1 1LE at a new racetrack in Osoyoos, British Columbia, called Area 27. The track is 3 miles long, has 16 corners, and is a refreshing mix of fast and challenging, with lots of tarmac between corners. The Area 27 lap record, which was set by a McLaren 675LT and a pro driver, is 2:10.40. After two days of practice, Bill Wise was able to record a 2:11.98 lap in a ZL1 1LE. After about half a day, Randy Pobst ran a 2:11.88, besting Bill—the guy who built the car—by one tenth of a second. Yes, of course, I’m telling you this to brag about my buddy Randy. However, it’s worth mentioning that Randy’s quickest time happened on the fourth lap of his evening stint. Meaning that Goodyear nailed those tires. As for the Camaro ZL1 1LE, Chevy smacked it out of the park."

So the head engineer with probably the most seat time was beat by a Pro with far less seat time and experience in that particular platform. My point is that these modern supercars need a pro to wring all of the performance out of the vehicles.

Anyways, it's cool to see American cars kicking ass.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Name a better bang for buck than a ZL1 for any budget..... I'll wait.

Hell I dont even really care for them but its a well balanced missile.
03 Terminator Cobra is better in every way. Even though the Cobra is more expensive, it is all around a better car.

From a straight line perspective, nothing beats the engineering marvel Tesla Model S

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
The Ford GT is the king of Car & Driver's VIR lightning lap

03 Terminator Cobra is better in every way. Even though the Cobra is more expensive, it is all around a better car.

From a straight line perspective, nothing beats the engineering marvel Tesla Model S

Let's break bread this weekend ?? this guy gets it

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
In to see how much the dealership gouging is on these. I'm thinking at a price of 450K that you're looking at 600K to get one out the door.

In terms of performance Having a car at the fraction of the price in the same neighborhood is somewhat humiliating and in reality a much more practical car. You're buying this car to show how rich you are, and in a few years to gouge some other guy who's as rich or richer when you sell it.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
In to see how much the dealership gouging is on these. I'm thinking at a price of 450K that you're looking at 600K to get one out the door.

In terms of performance Having a car at the fraction of the price in the same neighborhood is somewhat humiliating and in reality a much more practical car. You're buying this car to show how rich you are, and in a few years to gouge some other guy who's as rich or richer when you sell it.

Ford approves buyers who apply to buy one and sell them direct to the customer. They are like 450K and only have a couple options I believe. Owners get a cool kit before ordering the car. That shows the different paint choices, interior colors and so on.

One-of-a-Kind Ford GT Order Kit

1486275116259.jpg

You don't buy this car for practicality. The main drawback would be limited storage space. You would be lucky to get an airplane carry-on bag in the storage compartment. Honestly, I'm not sure one of them would even fit. lol You buy this car to have a limited production, 24 hours of Le Mans winning, racecar. One of the most race course capable production cars ever.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info