• Haha
Reactions: Sprayin and Mook

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
I absolutely loved it. I'm sure people will pick it apart but it was a super fun movie.

Keaton fucking killed it and maybe it's just the nostalgia talking but he carried a lot of this movie. I absolutely want more Keaton Batman but this seemed to be his goodbye to the character. Ezra miller was actually pretty good. Obviously he was the funny relief for most of it but when he did have serious scenes they were good. There were a million cameos. Some better than others. Some of the CGI with the "surprise" cameos toward the end were a bit off. Supergirl was not as big of a part of this movie as I thought she would be and then ultimately was kinda thrown away. It almost seemed like since they couldn't or didn't want Cavill they went this route. Sasha Calle played the part fine but I felt there just wasn't much there. I now definitely wish we got the Cage superman movie. And the Clooney gag/reveal at the end was obvious but done well enough.
The end credit scene was a throw away with Mamoa just to say he was in the movie it felt like.

This will ultimately get compared to Spider Man No Way Home and while not quite as good I think it comes close. Potentially the or one of the best DC movies so far.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
CGI Christopher Reeve
Oh yeah there was a ton of old CGI characters. Black and white flash, Christopher Reeves, Nick Cage, Adam West. The scene was fine but it was just showing all the other multiversus colliding. Similar to No Way home when they teased outlines of other characters in the spider man universe.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
The no spoiler's part. Overall, the tone of the 1st act (aka pre-time travel) is weird, hokey, gimmicky. Just feels goofy. Once Keaton is in the film? Oh yes, Keaton elevates it so much.

The whole flash saves the hospital babies, and then Wonder Woman saves Batman and the toxin, that entire section is just plain goofy and feels wrong.

The rest of the movie I loved, though I wish there had been a bit more of the trio against the Kryptonians, and definitely more focus on younger Barry trying and failing to save Supergirl again and again so that the whole confrontation at the end with Flash tells young berry to let go, that when he doesn't it hit harder.

So, as far as Clooney Batman goes at the very end, I'm not sure about that because the Clooney and Kilmer batman movies were just so bad.

As far as Sasha Call as Supergirl? I think she could be a fit, even if she's not the Blonde Blue eyed Supergirl we normally get. This version of her is done and dead. So if we see her as Supergirl in Woman of Tomorrow it would be a different character.

The Reeves and Helen Slater CGI wasn't bad, pretty good actually, however the don't speak, so the usual tells that make a CGI face so bad don't show up. So it works.

The Cage Superman is still just as dorky looking as the original promo shots were decades ago. Thankfully they didn't use the Tim Burton suit prototype, that truly was an abomination. However, his brief battle with the Spider thing was sweet, kind of exactly what we expect out of Superman.

I still think that annoying kid aside, the Brandon Routh Superman gets REALLY, REALLY close to Reeves' Superman, and probably still second favorite live action Superman. Even if it really just felt like an extension of Reeves' portrayal.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Solid. Loved Keaton and superwoman. Hopefully Ezra pulls his head out of his ass to be able to come back and play this character again
The only way they could have done this movie justice was Flash destroying the universe. That way the new DC under Gunn could have started and Canon would have supported it. Or at least changed the timeline enough that everything was different, not just some things.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I'm reading that this movie will have a net loss around $200m? $220m budget not incl marketing costs, and $280m gross revenue which is split with the theaters. Even if it "only" loses $100m that's pretty fucking bad.

I'm assuming it's doing so poorly because DC has a reputation of making shit movies, and the main character is a freakshow in real life

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info